Rubens Search Page

MyquirkStore

HI

Need a little help if possible.

Is there anyway to make the search function more interesting in the rubens theme? - i would like to insert a graphic rather than just a blank page. see screen shot below.

Also is it possible to link one of the home page sliding graphic shop now buttons to the search function or change the shop now button to a search box?

Final Question - can i change the wording inside the search function - from search - to Find your Quirk?

Any help much appreciated and thanks in advance.

1582302505949.png

Attachments

• 1582301764463.png
    1582301764463.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 7

Direct Webstore

the search function
There are people out there who actually use search functions? Wow! ;)

i would like to insert a graphic rather than just a blank page.
can i change the wording inside the search function - from search - to Find your Quirk?

Yes to both, but you'd need to make a child theme and edit theme files. How are you at basic HTML editing?

Also is it possible to link one of the home page sliding graphic shop now buttons to the search function or change the shop now button to a search box?
No.

Direct Webstore

I am a complete novice to HTML - though do know the basics - any help is much appreciated.
You better forget it then. Unless you have any interest in experimenting and/or teaching yourself to modify Wordpress themes (or HTML/PHP in general) because the only help I could give is to actually do it all and then tell you how to step by step. Or attach the zipped child theme here. I don't have time for that. You could go to someplace like fiver.com and find a freelancer to do it for you, maybe.

The Original plugin themes are pretty much off the shelf, ready to go themes that are not meant to be tremendously customized. They're made for newbies or experienced people who couldn't be bothered messing around too much. If you want lots of different options, themes, customization and plugins, you need to use the Woocommerce version.

;)

Last edited: