Robots.txt where I can find?

Ecomm

Hi,
I searched on the forum and I didn't found a solution to modify the robots.txt file so where I can find that file? I found that it is somehow virtual so how can we acces the file and modify it?
Thanks!

chris37

Hi,
I searched on the forum and I didn't found a solution to modify the robots.txt file so where I can find that file? I found that it is somehow virtual so how can we acces the file and modify it?
Thanks!

I don't use the original but probably is here.

20201029_214826.jpg

The other way is to look in your file manager in your cpanel.

chris37

Sorry my question is where I can find the file to edit it, I didn't formulated correctly sorry. I didn't found the file on the server so that's why asked this question. Thanks for information @chris37 anyway.
How I say above I don't use the origina so I can't help you more...
In my woocomerce site I use rankmath and there I have the ability to change the robot.txt

Hi,
Thanks!
Hi,

Thank you for your question. As far as I know, you can extract the file via your cpanel in order to edit it. But we do not recommend touching it since the file is being generated automatically.

Ecomm

Hi,

Thank you for your question. As far as I know, you can extract the file via your cpanel in order to edit it. But we do not recommend touching it since the file is being generated automatically.
So where is the file? I didn't found it on cPanel? Is not a good thing to autogenerate that file and to not have access to it maybe some customers of your plugin have knowledge about how to use robots.txt and wants ro change it.
@Vlad Zholnerchuk

Last edited:

chris37

So where is the file? I didn't found it on cPanel? Is not a good thing to autogenerate that file and to not have access to it maybe some customers of your plugin have knowledge about how to use robots.txt and wants ro change it.
If you don’t have a robots.txt file in your site’s root directory, then you can create one. All you need to do is create a new text file on your computer and save it as robots.txt. Then, just upload it to your site’s root folder.

Ecomm

If you don’t have a robots.txt file in your site’s root directory, then you can create one. All you need to do is create a new text file on your computer and save it as robots.txt. Then, just upload it to your site’s root folder.
As I found is virtual somewhere if I write in the browser mystore.com/robots.txt the page exists but I don't know where is the file on the server, normally the file need to be on root on the server on cpanel in public_html folder but I can't find it.

Mar

As I found is virtual somewhere if I write in the browser mystore.com/robots.txt the page exists but I don't know where is the file on the server, normally the file need to be on root on the server on cpanel in public_html folder but I can't find it.
Yes you are right. It is in cPanel>File Manager>public_html.

1604142290654.png

chris37

View attachment 13328
There I found it us well ... but we use woocomerce...and our robot.txt is created by our SEO plugin in my case rankmath.
He use the original one with the inbuild SEO option... I don't use original theme anymore for I check it out.

Ecomm

There I found it us well ... but we use woocomerce...and our robot.txt is created by our SEO plugin in my case rankmath.
He use the original one with the inbuild SEO option... I don't use original theme anymore for I check it out.
Yes I am using the original one and robots.txt file is not on the server I am still searching.

View attachment 13328
Yes there I tried to look but unfortunetly no file.