Reviews Issue: Omitting Certain Reviewers or Alter Their Names from Reviews Shown

thill

Hi :)
Does anyone know what I can do about either omit/block or change certain reviewer's names (for example asterisking maybe: Aliexpress Shopper to => A********s) and also block certain words from reviews.

Some buyer has "AliExpress" in their very descriptive username (I assume a dropshipper) and has left lots of reviews in things I sell. I know there are plugins that will block certain users, but there have already been a lot of glitchy issues with using the Alidropship Woo plugin and I am afraid to have it go totally crazy by burdening it with another plugin that might conflict - especially as Alidropship has it's own review settings. Also I don't think the other plugins I've seen would work with the external review from Aliexpress.

Thanks in advance, if anyone knows.

Last edited:
I think you may be able to do that in WP > Comments section.
You may be able to search for terminology or user names in there...?
Just a wild thought.

thill

I think you may be able to do that in WP > Comments section.
You may be able to search for terminology or user names in there...?
Just a wild thought.
Hi Germanguyuk :D Thank you for the idea. I am not sure if that is possible, as I think reviews are their own thing (I think??). So far I haven't been able to find any existing way, but I will check closer in the WP > Comments section. Thanks.

Arnaldo

You can still moderate or delete comments that don't suits you. But not their names with **** I don't think that's a deal breaker to me.