Requiring Customer Registration

cleve

Hello,

How to force customer to register before checkout ?
I have "Enable customer accounts and user registration" in Customer Account Setting, but still the customer can pay without making registration upon checkout.

That's all. Thanks for the help.

Direct Webstore

How to force customer to register before checkout ?
That's a good way to piss many customers off and increase the abandoned cart number. That's why it's not compulsory. I can't recall any site I've bought things from where it is compulsory either, though there must be some around (The stupid ones). The majority of sites don't force it ... for the reason above.

So the short answer is ... "There is no way to do that" (Via the plugin settings, that is.)

Sorry.

;)

Last edited:

cleve

Ok, how about if the customer want to refund or any activity that needs their credential ?
Has any threads discuss about this ? Or only the alids plugin get in touch with customer automatically through email provided ?

Direct Webstore

Ok, how about if the customer want to refund or any activity that needs their credential ?
They email you.

Has any threads discuss about this ?
Not that I recall ... you could try the search link above.

Or only the alids plugin get in touch with customer automatically through email provided ?
Right.

Why do you want to force them to register? It's of no benefit to you, and it's only a benefit to the customer if they plan to come back and buy more stuff. But forcing them to register is not going to make them come back to buy more.

What advantage to you think you'll get by forcing them to make an account?

cleve

Hmm,, yeah,
I just thinking if something missed between the store and the customer if they not register, I could not find it yet but if there is none then they do not need to register indeed.