Renaming Image files

Moha

How can I rename image files without going into cpanel?

Some of my image files from aliexpress have ridiculously long file names causing index issues.

Looking for a simpler way to rename file and update image url.

meeyule

Disclaimer by the author of the plugin: "BE CAREFUL. File renaming is a dangerous process. Before renaming everything automatically, try to rename a few files first and check if all the references to those files have been properly updated on your website. WordPress has so many themes and plugins that this renaming process can’t unfortunately cover all the cases, especially if other plugins are using unconventional ways."
So yeah, test first :)

Moha

Disclaimer by the author of the plugin: "BE CAREFUL. File renaming is a dangerous process. Before renaming everything automatically, try to rename a few files first and check if all the references to those files have been properly updated on your website. WordPress has so many themes and plugins that this renaming process can’t unfortunately cover all the cases, especially if other plugins are using unconventional ways."
So yeah, test first :)

Sounds interesting. Will try this.

meeyule

This plugin only allows auto renaming. To rename each image manually, they have a PRO version which cost $14 per annum.
ah OK. I saw on the plugin site that you can get a 20% discount on the Pro version if you review the free one :)

Moha

Cant we rename file in alidropship plugin image edit options?

I think I need to explore this. If this option is not there already, then it will be a great addition to have.

@Yaros

tmvfalcao

Hi,

I already tried the "Media File Renamer" plug-in (the free license) and it works fine and it is very easy to rename the images.
It renames the image and at the same time, the images's url is uptated too.

It can be done in too ways:
Going directly to the Multimedia option on the Wp dashboard and in this case, you can change the image's name on the right side

rename images Media File Remaner.png

Or it can be done using the renamer itself and in this case, the images appear as thumbnails and the showing table doesn't have all of the information related to the site links:

media files renamer renamer.png

I hope this help. :)