Rejected by 2checkout... where to go from here?

opengirl

I'm really not sure why... I read through their policies quite thoroughly, and even gave up on a niche because it would have violated their prohibited products policy... but they rejected me based on that specific policy. When I asked them for clarification, they basically were all "we reserve the right to reject anyone, and we're not going to explain ourselves..."

I can't use Stripe because of where I live, and I'm terrified to have paypal as my payment gateway because I've been really badly burned by them in the past (they locked away thousands of dollars from me the first time I tried drop shipping... for almost 6 months. I nearly got evicted because of them -- again, no explanation of why, all of my customers were happy and left rave reviews, but... they just held my money.

So... I really don't know what to do. Of the payment gateway options that are left, none of them are particularly promising -- I would like for my customers to be able to use either paypal or a credit card, but 2checkout and Stripe are the only ones (outside of just paypal) that offered that option. The others don't.

Is it possible to use payment gateways other than the ones listed on this site with this plugin? It would be so easy if I could do that... I've got everything else all set up. Iv'e spent a week editing all of my listings, writing copy for everything, etc... and if I could use another payment gateway, there are products I didn't include in my store because of 2checkout's policies that I could put back in if, say, I used Amazon pay or any of a number of other options... is it possible?

aminech

Unfortunately there isn't much options, you should check if there is a local payment gateway in your country,
Paypal does the same with everyone, just continue to use them at this point if customers are not abandoning carts because of it

Last edited:

Mar

I'm really not sure why... I read through their policies quite thoroughly, and even gave up on a niche because it would have violated their prohibited products policy... but they rejected me based on that specific policy. When I asked them for clarification, they basically were all "we reserve the right to reject anyone, and we're not going to explain ourselves..."

I can't use Stripe because of where I live, and I'm terrified to have paypal as my payment gateway because I've been really badly burned by them in the past (they locked away thousands of dollars from me the first time I tried drop shipping... for almost 6 months. I nearly got evicted because of them -- again, no explanation of why, all of my customers were happy and left rave reviews, but... they just held my money.

So... I really don't know what to do. Of the payment gateway options that are left, none of them are particularly promising -- I would like for my customers to be able to use either paypal or a credit card, but 2checkout and Stripe are the only ones (outside of just paypal) that offered that option. The others don't.

Is it possible to use payment gateways other than the ones listed on this site with this plugin? It would be so easy if I could do that... I've got everything else all set up. Iv'e spent a week editing all of my listings, writing copy for everything, etc... and if I could use another payment gateway, there are products I didn't include in my store because of 2checkout's policies that I could put back in if, say, I used Amazon pay or any of a number of other options... is it possible?
If you are talking about 2checkout, it is a surprise if your application is accepted. I have applied and rejected by them a number of times, initially without explanation. Due to my insistence, they sent me the reason why. I was surprised to know that even false finger nails, false eye lashes, anything that is false are not allowed in the store. That is just among many others, something you would never think.

My only payment gateway is Paypal and that is for a long long time, although I am trying to have another. This is not to replace Paypal but to add as an alternative. I have no problem with Paypal. Just recently I have this order from Brazil. Paypal held the payment, and only to be released if I submitted a tracking number and the item actually delivered according to the tracking information, meaning Paypal is protecting buyers.

It is the first time that happened, maybe because the order actually cost more than $300.00. Since I saw some post about problems of orders from Brazil, and the risk of the money held for a long time, I did not accept the order and refunded the payment. That is why I am wondering when I saw some posts that blame Paypal of abandoned orders, because buyers don't like Paypal. That is not true. There are many reasons why orders are abandoned, but I don't believe it is because of Paypal.

If you are using the original plugin, the choice of payment gateway is limited only in the list that is supported. If you are using the woo version, any payment gateway can be added, the problem is the payment gateway that will accept your application.

aminech

If you are talking about 2checkout, it is a surprise if your application is accepted. I have applied and rejected by them a number of times, initially without explanation. Due to my insistence, they sent me the reason why. I was surprised to know that even false finger nails, false eye lashes, anything that is false are not allowed in the store. That is just among many others, something you would never think.

My only payment gateway is Paypal and that is for a long long time, although I am trying to have another. This is not to replace Paypal but to add as an alternative. I have no problem with Paypal. Just recently I have this order from Brazil. Paypal held the payment, and only to be released if I submitted a tracking number and the item actually delivered according to the tracking information, meaning Paypal is protecting buyers.

It is the first time that happened, maybe because the order actually cost more than $300.00. Since I saw some post about problems of orders from Brazil, and the risk of the money held for a long time, I did not accept the order and refunded the payment. That is why I am wondering when I saw some posts that blame Paypal of abandoned orders, because buyers don't like Paypal. That is not true. There are many reasons why orders are abandoned, but I don't believe it is because of Paypal.

If you are using the original plugin, the choice of payment gateway is limited only in the list that is supported. If you are using the woo version, any payment gateway can be added, the problem is the payment gateway that will accept your application.

Nice, I'm actually one of the people who used to think customers don't prefer paypal lol

Mar

Nice, I'm actually one of the people who used to think customers don't prefer paypal lol
The fact is, buyers prefer Paypal more than store owners do. The thing is, for store owners, Paypal is the easiest. It don't ask for any requirement like other payment gateway. All you need is a Paypal account that will be accepted without question, set it up and you are good to go. While other Payment gateway, e. g. 2checkout and many other, you create an account and it will have to go to the screening process only to be rejected. And if ever your account pass the screening, I saw many issues posted in the forum while working with these payment gateways.

opengirl

Well, that is disappointing... this is my first store (I did dropshipping on ebay before), so I used the original plugin... I have to use their payment gateways, which leaves me with only paypal.

Can I ask, how you have managed to keep in good with paypal for so long? When I did dropshipping before (about 8 years ago), everything went amazingly smoothly for about 3 or 4 months, then... without any warning, they shut me down and locked away my money. I would use them again but I'm terrified to have it happen again...

Last edited:

Mar

Can I ask, how you have managed to keep in good with paypal for so long? When I did dropshipping before (about 8 years ago), everything went amazingly smoothly for about 3 or 4 months, then... without any warning, they shut me down and locked away my money. I would use them again but I'm terrified to have it happen again...
How I managed to use Paypal for so long?, the answer is I simply use Paypal just like everybody is using it as a Payment gateway. No matter what you say, I won't believe that Paypal just shut you down without any reason at all, there must something.

opengirl

How I managed to use Paypal for so long?, the answer is I simply use Paypal just like everybody is using it as a Payment gateway. No matter what you say, I won't believe that Paypal just shut you down without any reason at all, there must something.

Well, I asked them over and over again to explain what I had done wrong and they wouldn't tell me... And when I say over and over again, I mean it... as I said in my original post, I almost got evicted because of this, so I was really trying to figure out what I could do to fix the situation. I called, I wrote emails... i was constantly trying to communicate with them to find out what was going on, what I had done wrong, and what I could do to fix it. They held thousands of dollars for so long, that it really made my life a mess. I _finally_ got one person to say something that vaguely led me to believe that they were banning me because paypal doesn't support dropshipping... which I believed for years until recently when I have found other people that have used it successfully. I honestly don't know what I did, as I mentioned, all of my customers were happy, they all received their items really quickly, and left me nothing but positive reviews on ebay (that's where I was doing it at the time). I didn't even have any return requests or anything... If they had just told me what I had done, I wouldn't be so scared now, but their official policy is to not tell people why they are discontinuing their service.

I wasn't asking you to be hostile, I honestly want to know... did you do something unique? Did you register your business before using them as a payment gateway? Or did you do what most people seem to do and start a website, and then register it afterwards?

I'm asking because... before I use them, I want to do as much as possible to avoid having a problem. Seriously... this is a serious question. To this day, I have no idea what happened last time. I couldn't even open a paypal account for almost 5 years because they would shut down any other attempts to open one when they realized it was me.

Mar

Well, I asked them over and over again to explain what I had done wrong and they wouldn't tell me... And when I say over and over again, I mean it... as I said in my original post, I almost got evicted because of this, so I was really trying to figure out what I could do to fix the situation. I called, I wrote emails... i was constantly trying to communicate with them to find out what was going on, what I had done wrong, and what I could do to fix it. They held thousands of dollars for so long, that it really made my life a mess. I _finally_ got one person to say something that vaguely led me to believe that they were banning me because paypal doesn't support dropshipping... which I believed for years until recently when I have found other people that have used it successfully. I honestly don't know what I did, as I mentioned, all of my customers were happy, they all received their items really quickly, and left me nothing but positive reviews on ebay (that's where I was doing it at the time). I didn't even have any return requests or anything... If they had just told me what I had done, I wouldn't be so scared now, but their official policy is to not tell people why they are discontinuing their service.

I wasn't asking you to be hostile, I honestly want to know... did you do something unique? Did you register your business before using them as a payment gateway? Or did you do what most people seem to do and start a website, and then register it afterwards?

I'm asking because... before I use them, I want to do as much as possible to avoid having a problem. Seriously... this is a serious question. To this day, I have no idea what happened last time. I couldn't even open a paypal account for almost 5 years because they would shut down any other attempts to open one when they realized it was me.
It is quite different from my experience with Paypal. Many times I get in touch with them. Although sometime they would not respond in a timely manner and their responses are out of the subject, I even berated them, telling them crazy people. But generally, they respond and explain what I want them to explain.

There was a time when a buyer filed a dispute. The buyer won the case and was refunded by Paypal. I did not agree with the decision and kept on sending them emails about it. I requested to escalate the case and it was granted, a higher official of Paypal intervened and review the case. until they decided to compensate me, but not really overturned the decision. They even gave me a call a number of times. The point is it is quite different of how they treated you. I know that Paypal is different in every country they operate. In this regard, I cannot say why they are acting that way towards you. Again I am not doing something unique. I start a website and register it later.

You can open a new Paypal account by using another email, not using any information that was used in your old account, e. g. your address, your telephone number, not even your name. You open an account for a person you personally know, this can be your spouse, an adult child, a sister or a brother. Just make sure you have the consent of the person, and you have the access to everything associated to this account, as if it is yours. This will resolve the problem of not having a payment gateway. You may find a payment gateway soon and you may stop using Paypal then if you want.

opengirl

You can open a new Paypal account by using another email, not using any information that was used in your old account, e. g. your address, your telephone number, not even your name. You open an account for a person you personally know, this can be your spouse, an adult child, a sister or a brother. Just make sure you have the consent of the person, and you have the access to everything associated to this account, as if it is yours. This will resolve the problem of not having a payment gateway. You may find a payment gateway soon and you may stop using Paypal then if you want.

I was eventually able to open one and have had it for about 3 years now... but for 5 years, I would try an open one every few months... with a new email address, and a new bank account... but it would always get shut down after a few days, no explanation, just closed. And so I think it was because something in their system was flagged. I had to use my own name, because it was my bank account (and in my country, you can't open a bank account with a fake name)... so I think that's how that was happening, but I don't know for sure.

Regardless, I've got one now... I'm just really nervous to use them because of what happened before. That's why I was asking. Like, I feel like if I can just do exactly what other people have done, and been successful, then maybe I won't have the same problem again.

Mar

I was eventually able to open one and have had it for about 3 years now... but for 5 years, I would try an open one every few months... with a new email address, and a new bank account... but it would always get shut down after a few days, no explanation, just closed. And so I think it was because something in their system was flagged. I had to use my own name, because it was my bank account (and in my country, you can't open a bank account with a fake name)... so I think that's how that was happening, but I don't know for sure.

Regardless, I've got one now... I'm just really nervous to use them because of what happened before. That's why I was asking. Like, I feel like if I can just do exactly what other people have done, and been successful, then maybe I won't have the same problem again.
If you used your name and bank account, surely it will be detected later and the account will be closed. Again, you don't use any information used in your old account, that mean all information should be new. It happened in the past, it don't necessarily mean it will happen this time. This is for the time being when you don't have a payment gateway.