Quick question on product attributes

Good day all! Is it safe to delete product attributes i.e. Brand name, weight, Ships from, etc...? Will it cause some problems with automatic order processing?

Thanks a lot for that info! So in short the attributes are safe delete except for the ones on Aliexpress frontend?

Have an issue though with the ship from attribute. Is it possible to autoselect an attribute then? So can hide it instead and then automatically select one when customer orders.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Thanks a lot for that info! So in short the attributes are safe delete except for the ones on Aliexpress frontend?

Have an issue though with the ship from attribute. Is it possible to autoselect an attribute then? So can hide it instead and then automatically select one when customer orders.
yes, you can hide attributes instead of deleting them.

Thanks a lot for the quick help Victoria! So how do I set an attribute to default? Like automatically select "China" on Ship from attribute or "Black" on color attribute?

cs-33

Thanks a lot for the quick help Victoria! So how do I set an attribute to default? Like automatically select "China" on Ship from attribute or "Black" on color attribute?

You can set an attribute to default from the variations section, see image.

Attachments

• ddd.JPG
    ddd.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 48
Hello cs-33! Thanks a lot for that! I have googled up and down to no avail. maybe its the keyword I am using but it wasn't too easy to miss so its just me. Again thanks a bunch for that info.

wissiyou

Hi there guys :
I renamed the attribute "shipped from china" to "standard shipping", as it is a label modification only it still seems to works.

cion3

yes, you can hide attributes instead of deleting them.
Hi Victoria i have the same problem can you please tell me how i can hide attributes,i searched on google but i found only a couple of codes to paste on my functions.php i tried but didn't work can you please tell me.
Thanks.

orimond

Brand name doesn't influence variations. You can't delete for example Ship from, cause you might have variations with different prices from different countries. If you delete this attribute you break connection between Attributes and variations and product will not be updated.
Hi Victoria, if i delete variations like colors or sizes, will it affect product updates or autofilling in future?

orimond

If you delete attribute Color for example, there could be some issues with auto-filling and update.
But deleteing variations should not cause any problem yea.. because i want to make a simple product page out of the many variations.
So i will have to delete some un-needed variations and keep one only..

orimond

View attachment 3563

Go to Product -> Attributes

Hi victoria, I hide the color attributes like shown in the pic above, but the color variants still appear on my online store.
I went into the variations section, but i can't seem to find the way to hide the color variants from showing.
What can I do so only the size variants are showed on my online store?
( Pls refer image below for better explanation)

Appreciate your help. Tq

variation_delete_issue4.jpg

Last edited:

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi victoria, I hide the color attributes like shown in the pic above, but the color variants still appear on my online store.
I went into the variations section, but i can't seem to find the way to hide the color variants from showing.
What can I do so only the size variants are showed on my online store?
( Pls refer image below for better explanation)

Appreciate your help. Tq

View attachment 3949
You need to Split your product in this case. If you want to have 3 products of different colors with different sizes, you need to click Duplicate and remove colors you don't want to use for each product.

duplicate.png

You can also use a 3rd parties plugin for this purpose.