question about the chrome extension

loginname

Hey, I'm new to this plugin and is doing some research to compare it with other plugins....

How well does this Chrome extension work?

I bet this plugin read the html-source of the product and based on that insert the product into the woocommerce store.
But then the plugin is affected by for example some suppliers having html error on their product pages. Or some other problem so that the plugin cannot import the desired product. I also knows that once in a while, aliexpres makes design changes to their html, how effective is the plugin to these changes? Or as the plugin always updated with the latest design changes from aliexpress?

Is this plugin made by Alibaba/Aliexpress or is this plugin made by a third party company whom just named the plugin alidropship?

I'm the tech guy at a magento store and is exploring if we should move over to woocommerce. We have used a similar product from "Webkul" to import thousands of products, but once in a while we have trouble where the plugin is not able to import a specific product. We check and find that it is because of html error on the product page. So now looking into if this product is better. The webkul plugin is also using a chrome extension.

SauDev

Hi there,
not sure why this post has not got any replies yet but I am going to try and answer your questions as best as I can
How well does this Chrome extension work?
This extension works amazing but only with AliDropship plugin

I bet this plugin read the html-source of the product and based on that insert the product into the woocommerce store.
The extension does not import the products rather the plugin does, What the extension do is place the order from the store to aliexpress and that can be done automatically or manually depending on your option where sometimes the product is not available from the same supplier so you have to look for another supplier with the same exact product

how effective is the plugin to these changes?
The plugin is very effective however its how you import the products that affects the changes, you can import a pre-edited by the AliDropship team products or import directly from AliExpress and edit them yourself.

Or as the plugin always updated with the latest design changes from aliexpress?
Of course there is a choice of updating the changes from within the plugin

Is this plugin made by Alibaba/Aliexpress or is this plugin made by a third party company whom just named the plugin alidropship?
I don’t know but more likely its made by AliDropship team

Finally if you’re looking to dropship from AliExpress this plugin is a great choice and you can find more about it on youtube, twitter and/or the Alidropship website

the_lyall

I'm the tech guy at a magento store and is exploring if we should move over to woocommerce. We have used a similar product from "Webkul" to import thousands of products, but once in a while we have trouble where the plugin is not able to import a specific product. We check and find that it is because of html error on the product page. So now looking into if this product is better. The webkul plugin is also using a chrome extension.

I'm also the 'tech guy' and after we did an assessment of the pros and cons of each platform we migrated all of our 25+ websites from Magento to WooCommerce. The feedback from both internal (admin users) and the clients has only been positive. We've found a lot more flexibility with WooCommerce and we use Codeable for any custom developments.

We don't do any product imports for work but I've never had any problems with the AliDropship chrome extension with my personal sites.