Question about buying a premium store

Hi all. For those of you who bought a premium store, what has your experience been like in terms of profit? For example, this one: https://alidropship.com/premium-dropshipping-stores/the-auto-merch/

$167,000 per month profit and all it costs us is $300 ($700 if you include the installation and marketing packages).... So say you put down $700 for the complete package. $167,000 is probably not the NET profit, taking into consideration shipping costs, etc. ? I mean I don't know how to figure that one out, but I'm just trying to wrap my mind around this. Obviously, after putting in $700 and acquiring the store, you're going to have to keep on promoting/marketing it yourself to keep profits coming in, that I already know, but I'm talking about upfront, when you first put down that $700, are you going to see any immediate profit?

Mar

$167,000 is probably not the NET profit, taking into consideration shipping costs, etc.
Stop thinking about it yet. I saw a lot of premium stores bought from Alidropship, only to be sold later because it is not making a single sale.
I'm talking about upfront, when you first put down that $700, are you going to see any immediate profit?
I think you haven't been in this forum a lot. Search the forum for stores being sold. You will see a lot of premium stores that failed and for sale. This 'immediate profit sale' is only a dream that is very far from the truth. I am not being negative. Search the forum and you will realize what I am saying is the fact.

Stop thinking about it yet. I saw a lot of premium stores bought from Alidropship, only to be sold later because it is not making a single sale.

I think you haven't been in this forum a lot. Search the forum for stores being sold. You will see a lot of premium stores that failed and for sale. This 'immediate profit sale' is only a dream that is very far from the truth. I am not being negative. Search the forum and you will realize what I am saying is the fact.

Yes, I was trying to do a forum search for "premium store" and didn't find much pertaining to profit, which is why I posted. I would like to hear more about this "darker side" of it all so to speak.

I've seen quite a few posts about the custom built stores but not so much about premium. Is a beginner better off starting with a custom store vs. a premium? I already know that profits are not immediate with custom and you need to put in work.

The only dropshipping experience I've had so far is with dropshipping from aliexpress to eBay, now I'm learning to do CJ dropshipping to eBay. I've had Alidropship's custom/premium stores in the back of my mind for a while and wonder if taking that venture is worthwhile.

Mar

Yes, I was trying to do a forum search for "premium store" and didn't find much pertaining to profit, which is why I posted. I would like to hear more about this "darker side" of it all so to speak.
See this thread: https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/https-buyitsnew-com-for-sale.16674/#post-80036. It is about failed premium stores. One post is about ads of premium stores that is deceiving and tend to make people believe that the premium stores are like money machine.
I've seen quite a few posts about the custom built stores but not so much about premium. Is a beginner better off starting with a custom store vs. a premium? I already know that profits are not immediate with custom and you need to put in work.
There is a lot about premium stores. it depend on how you search. Whatever, a custom store or a premium store, you don't launch it and expect money coming in without doing anything. Don't be tricked in this ads of premium stores, you will be disappointed.

bryanchong

omg... im really surprised reading this post... i am planning to go for a premium store next year...

may i know why those premium store failed to make any good profit?

is it because the store owner target the wrong niche or having insufficient marketing activities?

Mar

As I stated earlier ' Whatever, a custom store or a premium store', that mean it is not because it is a custom store, rather it is how the store is run. The stores failed because people who buy did nothing believing it will make money out of the box. You go ahead, buy the premium store but don't expect it is like magic. It need a lot of work.

Mar

when i went through what they are offering, it seems nice. Nevertheless, when i try to visit their facebook, the barely have any significant contect and their Instagram have only few photos ... only motivation...
Every offer is nice.

chris37

omg... im really surprised reading this post... i am planning to go for a premium store next year...

is it because the store owner target the wrong niche or having insufficient marketing activities?
Most of the time fail because of the disability of the owner run the store.
The premium store is an fast way to get a fuctional website but that alone is not warranty success.
You must find you target audience ,you must have an attractive price social proof and many other things combine for you make people buy from you.

absimp

Obviously, after putting in $700 and acquiring the store, you're going to have to keep on promoting/marketing it yourself to keep profits coming in, that I already know, but I'm talking about upfront, when you first put down that $700, are you going to see any immediate profit?

It looks like you are answering your own question there.

Direct Webstore

Obviously, after putting in $700 and acquiring the store, you're going to have to keep on promoting/marketing it yourself to keep profits coming in
That's if you make any sales at all. It depends on your skill. Those who have none and fantasize about a "Readymade money machine" come to this forum and moan what a big rip-off it is. (It is, but for different reasons lol)

And also, these stores are "copies". Having a non-original store means you'll have to work even harder on promotion.

I'd rather put all that hard work into making my own unique and original store. It's also cheaper, and more satisfying.

Just my opinion.

StanHansen

Depends on your own management. If you're ready for a premium store, for its management, that it will be profitable. If you're clueless, then you won't sell anything on any platform. I personally got a premium store a couple of months ago and thought that I made a mistake. It was really hard to control from the start, so I had to find the solutions quickly. One of the problems was the weak salesforce integration software which had to be updated. I've found a couple of good options 2 weeks ago, and their salesforce inbox pricing is pretty reasonable. I noticed that my system with this software has started to collect data quicker than before.

Last edited: