Question about Aliexpress

javag

As a future dropshipper, I've been doing alot of reading on the topic of how to pick products for your store on Aliexpress. I see it mentioned everywhere that it is wise to avoid any Brand Named Products. However, I find that on Aliexpress there is about 99% of the items that are Brand Named Products. Is there a way to filter these products out or am I missing something in understanding this correctly?
Thanks for any help!

jubran

You have a bit misunderstood that part then. Branded products are like Nike, Disney, Marvel, Fifa, Razer, Kingstone, etc... These are brands that are a registered Trademarks in the USA and other countries. However, brands like Curren, Bobo Bird, etc... are Chinese brands and they usually allow dropshipping. Just to make sure you're legal, ask the seller to give you a permission for dropship or partnership for that specific brand (you'll need to ask the flagship or official store).

But note: you should also avoid MI, DJI, etc... as they are also a trademark in the USA.

javag

You have a bit misunderstood that part then. Branded products are like Nike, Disney, Marvel, Fifa, Razer, Kingstone, etc... These are brands that are a registered Trademarks in the USA and other countries. However, brands like Curren, Bobo Bird, etc... are Chinese brands and they usually allow dropshipping. Just to make sure you're legal, ask the seller to give you a permission for dropship or partnership for that specific brand (you'll need to ask the flagship or official store).

But note: you should also avoid MI, DJI, etc... as they are also a trademark in the USA.

Thank you Jubran for your reply - Would you know or would anyone know if there is a website that we can go to to check if something is trademarked in the USA or not? That would be very helpful!

vandat07

Thanks for your answer!

I have doubt whether the Chinese brand name (like Curren, Bobo Bird, etc...), event the QR code of their Aliexpress store, printed in the package would let our customer find the original products in Aliexpress. Will this go wrong?! HTB1HlXlfoMgYeJjSZFGq6xsMXXa6.jpg
HTB1gUtWajgy_uJjSZKbq6xXkXXaA.jpg