Products going out of stock.

Dale

For SEO purposes I wish to keep products live when they go out of stock and not send them to draft.
I have set the settings and it works as it should.
But the major problem is the out of stock products are listed in a category with a price of "£0.00".
Users of the site find this very odd, and I get a few emails about it.
Please can I requested that if an item is out of stock and displayed in the category that "SOLD OUT" is displayed instead of "£0.00"?
Thanks,
Dale.

daudi250

OK, but I still want them to appear on the website publicly?

They will. it depends on your setting. if you have made them to appear, they will appear, if you have made them to hide products out of stock, they will be hidden

Dale

Yes, I understand that, but:

"But the major problem is the out of stock products are listed in a category with a price of "£0.00".
Please can I requested that if an item is out of stock and displayed in the category that "SOLD OUT" is displayed instead of "£0.00"?"

daudi250

Yes, I understand that, but:

"But the major problem is the out of stock products are listed in a category with a price of "£0.00".
Please can I requested that if an item is out of stock and displayed in the category that "SOLD OUT" is displayed instead of "£0.00"?"

check for product variations as well. if there is any variation. the price will come down to 0 and not show as out of stock