Product Variation Split

It would be nice if you could split the variations of a product into seperate products. For example. I have one product with 20 variations. When I could turn 1 product into 20 products.

chris37

It would be nice if you could split the variations of a product into seperate products. For example. I have one product with 20 variations. When I could turn 1 product into 20 products.
You can !!! Was explain many time in this forum how!! Use the search bar above and and check for split variation

Flintstone

You can !!! Was explain many time in this forum how!! Use the search bar above and and check for split variation

I like to do this because then each variation can have it's own description and that directly affects how many products you sell.

This is particularly important for variation groups that are completely different products.

At the moment you "can"... you currently do it like this:
  1. Import the product from AliExpress.
  2. Click "Duplicate" a number of times so that you have the same amount of this product as you want variations (make sure you have enough duplicates because you can't import the product again without deleting all your "variations").
  3. For each of these products delete all the variations apart from the one you want to keep.
  4. Update each of the product descriptions, edit images etc.
Absolutely DO NOT click the "Reset" button on the "Supplier" tab or you will get a "duplicate SKU" warning and I believe that breaks things in a bad way.

Ideally we would have an option to split a product by a particular variation, which would leave us at the point where the product is imported and duplicated with the variations splt across each duplicated product.

chris37

I like to do this because then each variation can have it's own description and that directly affects how many products you sell.

This is particularly important for variation groups that are completely different products.

2. Click "Duplicate" a number of times so that you have the same amount of this product as you want variations (make sure you have enough duplicates because you can't import the product again without deleting all your "variations").
  3. For each of these products delete all the variations apart from the one you want to keep.
Absolutely DO NOT click the "Reset" button on the "Supplier" tab or you will get a "duplicate SKU" warning and I believe that breaks things in a bad way.

Ideally we would have an option to split a product by a particular variation, which would leave us at the point where the product is imported and duplicated with the variations split across each duplicated product.

I agree with you.. i personal explain this multiple time in the past in this forum how you can split variation correct .

But again i suggest do not do it.. because if the aliexpress seller change anything from his end , then again is gonna broke all the connection from our site (zero stock )and you have to start all over .. is not deserve the time to be fix again and again.

I also i do not suggest to leave deactivate the auto-update for this issue never appear, because is gonna give the know problem who everyone know if you don't have auto-update enable .

chris37

Ideally we would have an option to split a product by a particular variation, which would leave us at the point where the product is imported and duplicated with the variations splt across each duplicated product.
are you this guy here?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjDuxPEhNQ2qn_qAdjRG4YQ

Flintstone