Product Shipping Options Question - How do you deal with it

Alec

Is there a way for the system to recognize when items are leaving from more than 1 warehouse and update shipping charges accordingly, while combining shipping charges when they leave from the same warehouse?

For most products I am drop shipping offering free e-packet is the best choice as product costs around $20.
I am sourcing from 4-5 different suppliers and this keeps things simple
But

A few high end items can cost up to $200. Therefore I was thinking about adding a DHL/Fedex option just in case customer wants.

Question:

Is there a way to manage shipping costs for items leaving from different vendors, and combining shipping costs when they leave from same vendor? There are woocommerce addons to create "per product" shipping classes. But I can imagine a situation where someone buys 3 products from 2 different vendors, and asks for DHL shipping. If this scenario happens I would not make money, as customer would expect all items to arrive via DHL, but items would be leaving from 2 supplier warehouses.

Is there a way for the system to recognize when items are leaving from more than 1 warehouse and update shipping charges accordingly, while combining shipping charges when they leave from the same warehouse?

Any thoughts/ Question make sense?
Thank you

Direct Webstore

I deal with it by simply using free shipping for ALL products ... just like the Alidropship team does ... and recommends. :)

A few high end items can cost up to $200.
Not the best idea for dropshipping from China and Alidropship plugin. You'd be better off sourcing suppliers/manufacturers local to wherever your target customers are with high end stuff and handling it all manually with Woocommerce. Check out "Salehoo" for non Chinese suppliers with high end products..

Alec

I deal with it by simply using free shipping for ALL products ... just like the Alidropship team does ... and recommends. :)

Not the best idea for dropshipping from China and Alidropship plugin. You'd be better off sourcing suppliers/manufacturers local to wherever your target customers are with high end stuff and handling it all manually with Woocommerce. Check out "Salehoo" for non Chinese suppliers with high end products..
Thanks.

Wanting to test some free + shipping options. Is it possible to create that? Entire store everything?

Real Residual

Thanks.

Wanting to test some free + shipping options. Is it possible to create that? Entire store everything?

Yes, it is possible.
You need to create shipping classes in your Woocommerce > Settings > Shipping > Shipping Classes
Just add one designated for Free + Shipping.

Ship-class.PNG

Then you need to go to your Shipping Zone and add a formula for each class:

Shipping-Zone.PNG

In my case

Bulk = Not using
Handling = 4.95 x quantity of Freebies
Processing = 7.95 x quantity of Freebies

Why do I have a -4.95 at the end? Because shipping classes will add on top of your shipping, and since I charge a default $4.95 shipping, I have to deduct it at the end. You don't have to do that if you offer free shipping. Just the formula 6.95*[qty].

Those are the standard shipping rates for your Free + Shipping offers. You can set the shipping class for the product to apply different shipping rate. Just change that in the product section.

product.PNG

One last thing, you'll need to set up a plugin to hide FREE SHIPPING to this product, it's called WooCommerce Conditional Shipping and Payments.

Set it up so any product with this kind of restriction applied will only show certain shipping class options. In my case I did it like this.

restrictions.PNG

Why? Because if you have FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50 and your customer orders 10 units of your FREE + SHIPPING offer, then you get the FREE SHIPPING option, which is a disaster for you. I am not sure if the current Woocommerce fixed this by ignoring shipping costs, but then again if someone buys a $50 worth of item AND your offer then you are screwed. So you need to get this plugin. I think it's free.

Ok, that's it, hopefully not too confusing.

Real

Real Residual

Woocommerce. I find Woocommerce version more flexible in doing what I want to do.

It's a lot of work, but hey, I think it's worth it.

Real