Product Parent Category Not Accessible, Generates 404 Page Error

aonali

minutes ago

Hi,

I have created a Dropshipping store and installed AliDropship and Dropship-Me plugins. I have listed a few products on my store. Few products were listed in the parent categories while a few were listed in the child product categories.

After listing the products, when I tried to access my site, I found that all the parent product categories are generating 404 page error. While the child categories are okay and easily accessible.

For example:
https://www.thestylearena.com/type/women-clothing/
This is parent category and you can see the 404 page error here.

While for this same parent category
https://www.thestylearena.com/type/women-clothing/tops/
is a child product category of same which is mentioned above. And this child category is easily accessible.

First I thought it could be because no products in the parent category (Though even if there are no products, there shouldn’t be any 404 error), so I listed a few products in all the parent categories. I also rename the parent categories but no luck.

I also created new parent categories and checked those without listing and with listing products. But in both cases, I found 404 error.

I have also tried saving the settings >> Permalinks page again but still, there is the same problem.

• My site is hosted at A2Hosting.
  • I have one more site on the same server with the same theme and same plugins, but that is working fine.

Note: This problem has nothing to do with WordPress 5.0. My site was at WP 4.9 when I installed the WooCommerce. Today I updated it to WP 5.0 and was expecting that it could solve the issue. But no luck, the issue is still there.
I have also contacted my hosting provider and they said everything is fine with the hosting.
I have also tried to contact the WordPress Support forum and they said this is an issue with the AliDropship plugin.

Need help.

Thanks.

Christina

Administrator
minutes ago

Hi,

I have created a Dropshipping store and installed AliDropship and Dropship-Me plugins. I have listed a few products on my store. Few products were listed in the parent categories while a few were listed in the child product categories.

After listing the products, when I tried to access my site, I found that all the parent product categories are generating 404 page error. While the child categories are okay and easily accessible.

For example:
https://www.thestylearena.com/type/women-clothing/
This is parent category and you can see the 404 page error here.

While for this same parent category
https://www.thestylearena.com/type/women-clothing/tops/
is a child product category of same which is mentioned above. And this child category is easily accessible.

First I thought it could be because no products in the parent category (Though even if there are no products, there shouldn’t be any 404 error), so I listed a few products in all the parent categories. I also rename the parent categories but no luck.

I also created new parent categories and checked those without listing and with listing products. But in both cases, I found 404 error.

I have also tried saving the settings >> Permalinks page again but still, there is the same problem.

• My site is hosted at A2Hosting.
  • I have one more site on the same server with the same theme and same plugins, but that is working fine.

Note: This problem has nothing to do with WordPress 5.0. My site was at WP 4.9 when I installed the WooCommerce. Today I updated it to WP 5.0 and was expecting that it could solve the issue. But no luck, the issue is still there.
I have also contacted my hosting provider and they said everything is fine with the hosting.
I have also tried to contact the WordPress Support forum and they said this is an issue with the AliDropship plugin.

Need help.

Thanks.

Hello, aonali!

Please PM me your WP login details to figure the issue out and help you. Thank you!

Msasi

hello!
I have encountered a problem today, I can neither access my WP nor my Cpanel. and my website is down, can anyone help, please?

Christina

Administrator
hello!
I have encountered a problem today, I can neither access my WP nor my Cpanel. and my website is down, can anyone help, please?

Hello, Msasi! Could you please be more specific? Do you see 404 error when visit your site?