Product image update setting issue

I Style My Way

I had set the product image download setting accidentally and it downloaded 3.6 GB worth of images to my server. I changed the setting and clicked "Apply to all products" but the downloaded product images won't go. The db links for the product images still point to my local media directory. I was thinking unchecking the option and clicking the Apply button should re-update the links to the AliExpress website and remove the local images. But I guess this option does not work to remove images once downloaded?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I had set the product image download setting accidentally and it downloaded 3.6 GB worth of images to my server. I changed the setting and clicked "Apply to all products" but the downloaded product images won't go. The db links for the product images still point to my local media directory. I was thinking unchecking the option and clicking the Apply button should re-update the links to the AliExpress website and remove the local images. But I guess this option does not work to remove images once downloaded?
You need to delete these products (which images you downloaded on your server) and then in you Media section delete 'Unattached files'