Product COGS

JseeJr

Dear All,

I am pretty much confused on how to get the exact costing for my product.
The price shown in Aliexpress is discounted for 1st time buyer and there is the before discounted price for the item.
When I import the product into my store, it shows another different cost pricing, I have tried to clarify the the seller but did not get an exact answer.

Can anyone advise how do I get the exact product pricing please?
Thank you in advance!

JseeJr

Hey Chris, thanks for the reply.
However, I believe the link you posted is regarding pricing formula and I am actually looking for exact Product Cost instead.

Regards, take care.

Mar

Hey Chris, thanks for the reply.
However, I believe the link you posted is regarding pricing formula and I am actually looking for exact Product Cost instead.

Regards, take care.
Just use the default price formula, change if you want to change. Don't make things complicated, don't make something out of nothing. All members are importing products from AliExpress, haven't heard about this issue.

Mar

Hi ,Can you explain with more details for I can understand correctly what exactly you need?
Apparently the OP is bothered by the promos and discounts he saw in AliExpress not thinking that these are for buyers which he is not. He is importing products, not buying. That is why I said making something out of nothing.

chris37

Apparently the OP is bothered by the promos and discounts he saw in AliExpress not thinking that these are for buyers which he is not. He is importing products, not buying. That is why I said making something out of nothing.
You are right.

Direct Webstore

I am actually looking for exact Product Cost instead.
The Aliexpress seller's discounted price is the price you pay and is the "exact product cost". Simple as that.

The so-called "Real price" is fake. Like with many e-com stores. It's the "Discounted price" that's the real price.

For example ...

The product's price is $10. The seller lies and says it's $12 and gives the customer a "$2 discount" which brings it back to it's "secret" real price of $10. But the customer thinks they're getting it $2 cheaper. They're not. This "marketing ploy" has been around for thousands of years ... ever since humans have been selling, trading, bartering, and buying things.

It's literally the proverbial "Oldest trick in the book". But people still fall for it. Your confusion over it is proof.

It's very popular with shonky used car salesmen ... and out of touch Chinese Aliexpress sellers. I don't use fake discounts in my stores. All those discount badges everywhere just scream "FAKE!!" in my opinion.

I only have sales/promotions at certain times of the year and discount coupons for rewards for certain things like subscribing, writing reviews, and sharing products they bought on their social media accounts etc.

;)

Last edited:

JseeJr

Hi All,

I am trying to get the exact product cost and I prefer to use my own pricing formula.
If you just based your pricing on the built-in pricing formula, your prices might be too high/low as compared
to competitors in other market places. Anyways, I've managed to get it and it is definitely different as compared to
the pricing in Aliexpress.

The reason I am doing this is to calculate the exact total cost incurred and reprice with a proper margin.
Perhaps you can say I made something out of nothing, but I am just a very detailed person.
I am a Non-US Seller, therefore every purchase/sale in $USD has extra fees and charges.
These small fees/charges which will eat up your profit margin if you are not careful.

Just my two-cents.
Regards.

chris37

Hi All,

I am trying to get the exact product cost and I prefer to use my own pricing formula.
If you just based your pricing on the built-in pricing formula, your prices might be too high/low as compared
to competitors in other market places. Anyways, I've managed to get it and it is definitely different as compared to
the pricing in Aliexpress.

The reason I am doing this is to calculate the exact total cost incurred and reprice with a proper margin.
Perhaps you can say I made something out of nothing, but I am just a very detailed person.
I am a Non-US Seller, therefore every purchase/sale in $USD has extra fees and charges.
These small fees/charges which will eat up your profit margin if you are not careful.

Just my two-cents.
Regards.
I will like to know what gonna happen with you when a customer ask for refund :)
You over complicate the thing .

Use you own price or use the pricing formula is up to you but dont wait someone give more attention to one problem you created out of nothing .

JseeJr

Guys,

I think you have misunderstood my main post. All I was looking for is the exact product costing.
That is nothing with over-complicating the issue, if there's a refund we shall just proceed with a refund.
Currency settings have been set, no issue with it. I am doing this for accounting auditing reporting purposes
since it is registered under Company name. Also, I would like to ensure that my pricing is competitive
and not too low at the same time and see the profit margin.