"Product Already Imported" but it was not...

Madcowto

Hi, I often came across this issue. I actually think it is a bug. The issue is as follows:

I was using Direct Import to load products into my site. On AliExpress, on a page of products, typically there are multiple rows on each page and each row would list about 4 products. Say I just imported item #2 in row 1. I successfully imported it. But then after the import, I sometimes forgot which item in that row I already just imported, so I did a page back to browse which product I just imported. OK. That's fine. Then I tried to import the next item in the row and in this case item #3. When I did that, it would often gave me a message that the "Product Already Imported". But obviously I have not yet imported item #3. Because I did a page back to remind myself which product I already imported, by doing so, the next item I tried to import would assume the message from the item #2 and it would say "Product Already Imported", but in reality, no, I haven't imported the 3rd item. This "Product Already Imported" would pop up for subsequent items as well. But obviously the subsequent items have not yet been imported. Also, if I managed to bring up the edit on the item I tried to import, it seemed to have lost the application of the price change formula and the price would come in on the edit screen as the price from AliExpress and not the price I intended based on the pricing formula. Could you please look into this? I was using Alidropship for WooCommerce. Thanks.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi, I often came across this issue. I actually think it is a bug. The issue is as follows:

I was using Direct Import to load products into my site. On AliExpress, on a page of products, typically there are multiple rows on each page and each row would list about 4 products. Say I just imported item #2 in row 1. I successfully imported it. But then after the import, I sometimes forgot which item in that row I already just imported, so I did a page back to browse which product I just imported. OK. That's fine. Then I tried to import the next item in the row and in this case item #3. When I did that, it would often gave me a message that the "Product Already Imported". But obviously I have not yet imported item #3. Because I did a page back to remind myself which product I already imported, by doing so, the next item I tried to import would assume the message from the item #2 and it would say "Product Already Imported", but in reality, no, I haven't imported the 3rd item. This "Product Already Imported" would pop up for subsequent items as well. But obviously the subsequent items have not yet been imported. Also, if I managed to bring up the edit on the item I tried to import, it seemed to have lost the application of the price change formula and the price would come in on the edit screen as the price from AliExpress and not the price I intended based on the pricing formula. Could you please look into this? I was using Alidropship for WooCommerce. Thanks.
If you refresh your page there will be import / edit option active.