Problems with Item Price / Updates

Nello

Let's say you import a product that has variations with each one having a different price.

I notice that most of the times the "Price" is set to 0 although Sale Price is set to the correct value and the same for Price Original and Sale Price Original.

In order to get the "% discount" flag, this value has to be set to a value higher than Sale Price (and so far, ok).

The problem comes when you do mass update of prices... all the hardcoded prices change - most to 0 (it should at very least be set to Sale Price but not 0)

The problem with this bug is that when you go on the single item page on the right side the "Total Price is set to 0" and since this is very prominent... it looks like that the product is free (the price is however correct in the shopping cart)

Any way to fix this issue?

Eric S.

I'm seeing this as well. Want me to send you a link to an example? Do you need admin access to see?

Eric S.

It seems to happen after updating the product. The price is there initially and then zero after updating the content.

Lyubomir Radev

Hey Guys - yep I just noticed the same thing here! I was about to ask the same question - but it's nice you guys brought it up. But I'll also add that the zero that I had for one of the products was because the product was missing on Aliexpress - the page itself was removed. I expected the product to go "offline" ei to be sent to draft, if it is no longer available on aliexpress.

Now I have a sub-question in the same regard:

Does that mean that in order to update all products (say I have 400 products) in terms of current supplier's price and current quantity on stock - I have to do this long-lasting process all the time - in other words the mass update under "settings" > "updates"?

Could this be done for each product automatically say at the end of the day or when there is a change for a specific product, instead of me updating all of my products every night? For 400 products that's a long process... I mean still it's much better than to do all this on my own, but I have an ambition to have a bigger online store - say 600-700 products, and the way I see it that'd be difficult within the current circumstances. How are the big online dropshippers with thousands of products doing it??

Thanks for all of the input guys, that's how we all help each other to improve our stores!

grimes

Any update to this problem?! I'm having the similar issues - everytime I try to change an individual product's price and hit "publish" it reverts back to the default price.

Yaros

Staff member
Hello,

This issue (with returning zero prices) will be fixed in next update (probably in next 2-3 days).

As for implementing something like a cron for auto-updating, it is rather complicated, because AliExpress API does not return any data about variations. Another solution is parcing content directly, but here we come across with captcha problem from AliExpress, because it detects that it is done by the server, not the browser. Anyway, we are looking for solutions.

Eric S.

An additional note on this. If you run the auto-updater the items with 0 price are fixed to the correct Ali price.