Problems in Importing Products With Multiple Attributes or Variation

eComMania

Hi,

when importing products from AliExpress, how can I completely discard one attribute or product variant? For example, I am importing a tee shirt that has 5 color variants and 5 sizes. Now, while importing, if I choose to import only one color and discard other 4 colors, I don't need to import the color attributes. I simply can discard that.

But if I discard the color attributes, the shirt is imported without the size variants as well, though I did not discard the size attributes!

Is this happening only for me all the plugin has no option to import only one attribute while discarding other attributes?

JasonP

I used to face this problem when deleting one of the variations. Sometimes it worked but most often it didn't. It must be the way the Aliexpress seller configured his/her product setup. So the best the way to get around this problem is to first import the 5 sizes and the 1 color you want to retain. When you go to the product page in your WordPress, under "Product data" select "Attributes", the first 2 attributes should be the color and size. Click on the color attribute and then untick the box which says "Used for variations" and click "Save attributes". Now the only variation the customer will see on your product page is the size.

Last edited:

aldas

I am facing the same issue, even if I do not edit the variations before importing. I, however, need different colors and sizes. Why does this issue occurs? And what can be done to fix it?

JasonP

I am facing the same issue, even if I do not edit the variations before importing. I, however, need different colors and sizes. Why does this issue occurs? And what can be done to fix it?
Like I mentioned before, it must be the configuration at the backend by the seller AliExpress. In certain situations when the seller offers variations like ship from, color, and size, when I remove the variation "ship from" during editing, the imported product ends up being a simple product without the color and size variations. So what I do now is I import all the original variations without editing anything and then untick the "Used for variations" box in the individual product page to hide the particular variation I don't want the customer to see. That way, everything stays intact and the customer only sees the variations I choose.

aldas

Like I mentioned before, it must be the configuration at the backend by the seller AliExpress. In certain situations when the seller offers variations like ship from, color, and size, when I remove the variation "ship from" during editing, the imported product ends up being a simple product without the color and size variations. So what I do now is I import all the original variations without editing anything and then untick the "Used for variations" box in the individual product page to hide the particular variation I don't want the customer to see. That way, everything stays intact and the customer only sees the variations I choose.

Thank you for your reply. I do not see any 'ship from' option. There is only color and size. So, if you import a product without any variations first, how do you import all the variations after? What is a method for that? After I have imported an item from Aliexpress the plugin shows 'product already imported' and I cannot edit/import product again, unless if I completely delete it from my WordPress.

JasonP

If you imported the product without the original variations from the AliExpress seller just permanently delete from WooCommerce and import again. Then follow the steps I outlined previously.

aldas

If you imported the product without the original variations from the AliExpress seller just permanently delete from WooCommerce and import again. Then follow the steps I outlined previously.

I do not quite understand what you meant by your steps. What it sounds like from what you said before is that you imported the product one time and then variations second time from Aliexpress.

when I remove the variation "ship from" during editing, the imported product ends up being a simple product without the color and size variations. So what I do now is I import all the original variations without editing anything and then untick the "Used for variations" box in the individual product page to hide the particular variation I don't want the customer to see

How do you go about 'importing variations after importing product'? I usually open product page on Aliexpress press edit button, delete some pictures if necessary and import. From what you said it sounded like i just import the product through the edit tab, but delete variations before edit and then import variations again from the aliexpress page using edit button? I am confused what you mean by importing the variations?

JasonP

@aldas You're really confused and didn't read my post correctly. You have to import all the variation category together. You only edit the variations to show or not to show in your WordPress individual product page.