Pricing

elliot59

Hi Everybody!!

I'm using the original plugin (NOT WOO), and the Da Vinci 2.0 theme.

I am totally confused, and for the sake of clarity I want to define the terms...
Cost = amount that I must pay for the item.
Price = amount that I must collect from the sale of the item.

Here we have an item on AliExpress my cost is $61.48 - 51% = $30.13 so it's on SALE to me. Good for me.
1547937625284.png

Here is the pricing formulas currently being used...

1547937900005.png

Here on my product list is bag the price on the site was set to $52.99 or $107.99 - 51%

1547937728067.png
Why is the item priced on my site with a 51% discounted sale price?
When the cost on AliExpress is discounted for a period of time,
why should that have anything to do with the price I'm selling it for?

When the sale on AliExpress ends, my cost will return to $61.48, that regular cost should be the basis of the selling price on my site at all times, unless I define a sale on my website, for all or this specific item.

I could be wrong, perhaps I don't understand, if there is someone who can provide clear and concise, detailed information that would be wonderful.

<< Additionally... >>

Earlier today, I published an item that was on my Import List, and it's price was set to that equal to the cost on AliExpress. Are items on the Import List in some kind of limbo, when pricing changes are made?

Why would that happen? I would like to avoid that from happening again. Nothing I did would make the price change, and I was forced to trash the product. Please advise.

Thank you,
Elliot

Last edited:

daica85

Cost: is the amount you pay for buying products on Ali
Price: is your products price. You can define your own price yourself.

Your price = Cost on Ali + shipping fee + ... (depending on your pricing strategy)

When the product prices were updated on Ali, it's automatically updated on your site too if you enable the Update feature.

If you don't want your price to be changed, you need to disable the Update feature on each product.

I see that It's too weird for the Update feature in both places (in Ali -> Setting and in each Product -> Update)

Hope this helps!

elliot59

I believe that you've missed my point.
For example... an item is posted on AliExpress for a regular price $49.99 (and is currently on sale @ 51% off) so that my current cost is $24.49.

In the Settings > Pricing section, it appears that when the "Discount settings" switch is set to the "OFF" or disabled position... the pricing formula will be applied, and in this case (cost * 2.00) = $24.49 * 2 = $49.98, additionally, the current sale/discount of 51% is also applied to the price which lead to a final price of $24.49.

So there is a confluence of settings that ended up pricing the item the same as the amount I pay for it.

My contention is that any discounts being offered on AliExpress are to my benefit, and adjust my cost of the item. It should have nothing to do with the price that my customer ultimately pays for the item. Therefore, it was not clear enough, the ramifications of leaving the "Discount settings" switch in the "OFF" or disabled position. My settings are now "ON", and set to ZERO.

Sales and discounts on AliExpress are to my benefit, and should have no bearing on the price I charge for an item.