Pricing Markup Problem

Cloud-Miner

Hi,

I've been facing this problem where prices across many products in my store automatically change back to standard Aliexpress prices upon stock update.

How do I change this problem:

1) By adding a pricing markup formula?

2) Changing update settings?

This happens a lot and it is very time consuming to check back and change prices over and over again.

What would you suggest? I have already contacted support but haven't got a response from them so far...

Also, would it be safe to add a pricing markup formula? Am afraid adding a markup formula could make all my products unavailable on the frontend/backend...

Mar

I've been facing this problem where prices across many products in my store automatically change back to standard Aliexpress prices upon stock update.
That is one function of the plugin, to update prices when AliExpress prices change. Do you want prices of your products cheaper than that of AliExpress as a result of not updating?
Also, would it be safe to add a pricing markup formula?
It is safe. But it don't prevent prices change. When AliExpress prices change, prices in your store change according to your added formula. Again, update of prices is one function of the plugin.

Cloud-Miner

I am aware of the pricing markup formula. I have already got one implemented on my site. However, the problem is when I remove one/two formulae many products go out of stock on the frontend. Same old problem. Also, last time around the price update got stuck at 33%. It refused to move on from there.

You may ask, why did I want to remove the markup formula in the first place? Because the profit margin was low. Now that I have removed certain formulae and added my own pricing, the prices change back to standard Aliexpress prices upon any synced stock update at any point in time. Which is very tiresome to keep track of and then make changes accordingly.

In retrospect, I regret using the pricing markup formula because I fell for the automation prospect. It gets really frustrating when you have multiple sites to take care of. :(

Cloud-Miner

The price of a product as displayed on Aliexpress. Basically, zero profit + shipping cost that has to be incurred by me.

Mar

The price of a product as displayed on Aliexpress. Basically, zero profit + shipping cost that has to be incurred by me.
I see. So it is like no mark up formula at all. You need to ask help from the support team. I haven't heard this issue from other users. Based on your other statements, I think the problem is your own making.

Cloud-Miner

I see. So it is like no mark up formula at all. You need to ask help from the support team. I haven't heard this issue from other users. Based on your other statements, I think the problem is your own making.

Partly, yes. But, I was not able to completely update price markups due to an error on that page. I think it could be a bug. It is only after then that many products went out of stock. Other users too have had this problem of products going out of stock.

Mar

Partly, yes. But, I was not able to completely update price markups due to an error on that page. I think it could be a bug. It is only after then that many products went out of stock. Other users too have had this problem of products going out of stock.
I have that also, but it is not because of price markup formula. It happen due to unknown reason. For me, the default price mark up formula of alidropship is reasonable and I don't change any of it.

Cloud-Miner

I have that also, but it is not because of price markup formula. It happen due to unknown reason. For me, the default price mark up formula of alidropship is reasonable and I don't change any of it.

The price markup is indeed reasonable but not infallible. Anyway, the support did get back to me and they are currently troubleshooting what could have possibly gone wrong with some products going out of stock all of a sudden.

Reactions: Mar

Mar

The price markup is indeed reasonable but not infallible. Anyway, the support did get back to me and they are currently troubleshooting what could have possibly gone wrong with some products going out of stock all of a sudden.
That is good if they are checking it. I have raised that issue many times including products in draft folder, have more than 1200 now. Never heard a word about it.