Pricing issues part II

Hi everyone,
Can somebody help me please to figure out how to adjust pricing after importing the product?!
Im facing this issue and so far couldn't find the solution how to fix it and to understand what im doing wrong?

Here is the issue: Some of the products after importing them showing the prices as per my set formula, there discount -0, old price is same as per my formula.

Please have a look at the screenshot:
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/1743/s5h9hc.png

Your replies appreciated :)

Direct Webstore

I can't see anything wrong in that screenshot. The discount is set to "0" ... So of course the "Product Price" and the "Sale Price" are the same. Exactly what you want to do is not clear.

I can't see anything wrong in that screenshot. The discount is set to "0" ... So of course the "Product Price" and the "Sale Price" are the same. Exactly what you want to do is not clear.
Sorry, maybe my question was not clearly explaining the issue, i'll try to explain here: how to set discount? i want to see prices before and after discount and number % of discount to appear like in the screen shot below
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/9408/XSp1i6.png

Direct Webstore

Sorry. I just don't get it. Are you saying you can't enter a number into the box above the %?

Anyone else have any idea what he's talking about?

Direct Webstore

Did you use the button 'Save Changes' (and after that click 'update')

If that's his problem ... then I struggle to understand how some of these people manage to get out of bed in the morning, let alone run an online business ... LOL :)
If it's not his problem ... I apologise ... :)

If that's his problem ... then I struggle to understand how some of these people manage to get out of bed in the morning, let alone run an online business ... LOL :)
If it's not his problem ... I apologise ... :)
The problem is that automatic calculations didn't appeared and i couldn't change it either, i assume my formula was set wrongly, Im a new to this. Anyway i'll try to figure it out and for you Direct Webstore no need to be rude, cant answer the question, then just skip and continue your own journey, maybe my questions sounds funny but at least im asking and trying to do right :rolleyes:

Direct Webstore

Sorry ... wasn't intending to be rude, just expressing astonishment that someone could "possibly" be so thick. Hence the pre-emptive "apology" and the use of the words "IF", just in case I was wrong.

Was I wrong? Yes I was. So nothing for you to be upset about.

(Unless of course I was right ..lol) :)

Last edited:

Luvie

if you set your pricing formula, it applies to BOTH the old price and the sale price :)

so if there's only a 5% discount on aliexpress itll show the same discount unless you MANUALLY override/update the price, then the discount % will automatically be calculated to what you entered.

if some products only has a couple of cents difference between prices it'll always show the sale price on the product page and won't show the % at all.

the plugin doesnt have the option of separating the formula for the "sale price" and the "compared at price"

i think that's what he meant.

i think it'll be nice to have a separate formula for the old and salr price. People like discounts and like stated on the homepage "up to 80% off" and had the countdown. but if you've got 500+ products it'll take a awhile if you need to update each one.

i tried manually editing my prices before because i wanted to show bigger discounts and when i updated it automatically to check stocks, my prices went back to the original aliexpress prices because i didnt have a formula set some was even set to 0 so i just gave up and used the formula and removed the countdown tab :)

Direct Webstore

on the homepage "up to 80% off" and had the countdown.

I've removed that. Having it on your site permanently seems so fake, scammy and tacky. Especially to return customers who keep coming back over a period of months and keep seeing it there all the time. I'll just be using it "genuinely" at selected periods throughout the year.

i tried manually editing my prices before because i wanted to show bigger discounts and when i updated it automatically to check stocks, my prices went back to the original aliexpress prices because i didnt have a formula set some was even set to 0 so i just gave up and used the formula and removed the countdown tab :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot Luvie! exactly the same thing happened to me here, your answer was very helpful

mrdelook

I think this would be an amazing addition to the plugin. Some kind of option to make SALE. Add % of discount per category or something.

mrdelook

Thank you for suggestion. But it is not discounting all products automatically and it is not showing as 20% off. What I'm looking form is how to quickly make for example end of season sale with discounts to all products at once not on product per product. Like Black Friday sale.

Thanks,
Mat

mrdelook

Thanks again. Right now I'm using pure Alidropship plugin. I will go with Woo one for the next store.

Thansk,
Mat