Prices are different on shop and product pages

T-Dog

Hi there. I have just bought this plugin and have installed it on one of my websites. For some reason the prices being shown on both, the shop and the product pages, are a few bucks lower than the actual product price is. The cart and checkout pages show the right prices. I stumbled over this issue because a few customers are complaining about this. The way it is looking and working right now looks deceiving and very unprofessional. How can we solve this and what is causing the issue?

T-Dog

I investigated further on this and found out that there may be a conflict between Alidropship woo plugin and my currency converter plugin. When accessing the website from the default location, the US, it is showing the prices in USD just fine. However, if I change the location (via VPN) to the UK or Spain it is showing the wrong prices in the corresponding currencies (Pound Sterling and Euro). The prices displayed on the cart and checkout pages are, strangely enough, right. So I don´t think this is an issue with the currency converter. If deactivating the Alidropship plugin the prices are shown perfectly fine in the respective currencies. Super strange. Do you have a suggestion which currency converter plugin is working together with Alidropship perfectly?

aldyofficial

+1
I also have this problem on the site.
the problem is not on the currency converter plugin. you can try remove the "sale prices" from products/product variation, and the price will be fixed
hopefully the developers from alidropship will fix this soon.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I investigated further on this and found out that there may be a conflict between Alidropship woo plugin and my currency converter plugin. When accessing the website from the default location, the US, it is showing the prices in USD just fine. However, if I change the location (via VPN) to the UK or Spain it is showing the wrong prices in the corresponding currencies (Pound Sterling and Euro). The prices displayed on the cart and checkout pages are, strangely enough, right. So I don´t think this is an issue with the currency converter. If deactivating the Alidropship plugin the prices are shown perfectly fine in the respective currencies. Super strange. Do you have a suggestion which currency converter plugin is working together with Alidropship perfectly?
+1
the problem is not on the currency converter plugin. you can try remove the "sale prices" from products/product variation, and the price will be fixed
Hello, we will implement our own currency converter soon.

T-Dog

+1
Thanks for testing this as well. You are absolutely right, I tested it myself. This is even more strange and should be a high priority for the developers. The way it looks now is definitely far from being professional. Thanks to your workaround I can now just disable the sales price, but this is definitely not the way it is intended to be...

T-Dog

Hello, we will implement our own currency converter soon.
Thank you for looking into this here. "Soon" is a very relative term, unfortunately. The way it is working now with the currency plugins is really a bad solution. Since implementing your plugin, which by the way my VAs absolutely love, I receive a ton of comments on social media and support tickets from my customers because the prices are shown wrong. Having to disable the "sales price" is definitely not the solution I am looking for. You should forward this issue to your developers and they should fix this as soon as possible (within a day at best). It can´t be this hard to let the currency converter just "translate" the prices that I assigned to the products.

aldyofficial

Thank you for looking into this here. "Soon" is a very relative term, unfortunately. The way it is working now with the currency plugins is really a bad solution. Since implementing your plugin, which by the way my VAs absolutely love, I receive a ton of comments on social media and support tickets from my customers because the prices are shown wrong. Having to disable the "sales price" is definitely not the solution I am looking for. You should forward this issue to your developers and they should fix this as soon as possible (within a day at best). It can´t be this hard to let the currency converter just "translate" the prices that I assigned to the products.

+1

jumper

Hi
I have a similar problem.
my I ask what currency converter plugin you are using, as I tried 4 and none of them is working.

my woocommerce setting is on Hebrew. every product I import will not convert the price correctly so prices are always lower so I need to change them manually. impossible to run a shop like this.

T-Dog

my I ask what currency converter plugin you are using, as I tried 4 and none of them is working.
The only currency converter plugin that seems to be working with Alidropship right now is "Currency Switcher for WooCommerce". I have that now on my websites and it does a decent job showing the right amounts in the right currencies. If you only need to two additional currencies enabled it is even free.

impossible to run a shop like this.
You´re absolutely right. There is so much missing with the plugin right now beyond the currency issue. You´re not able to change attributes or attribute names if you switch suppliers, tracking numbers are not imported in bulk (sync all function missing) etc. I think I´ll let my VAs process orders manually again. They are even faster than working with this plugin. I absolutely like the idea, it just doesn´t work as it should. If you´re having a decent store with hundreds of orders each day this just creates more problems than it solves...

jumper

The only currency converter plugin that seems to be working with Alidropship right now is "Currency Switcher for WooCommerce". I have that now on my websites and it does a decent job showing the right amounts in the right currencies. If you only need to two additional currencies enabled it is even free.

thats the first one I tried.
my site is configures to work with ILS in woocommerce settings.
problem is that when I import a product, lets say $10 on aliexpress, it will import as 10 ILS which is very bad as you can understand.
"Currency Switcher for WooCommerce" did not do any difference in that case.

You´re absolutely right. There is so much missing with the plugin right now beyond the currency issue. You´re not able to change attributes or attribute names if you switch suppliers, tracking numbers are not imported in bulk (sync all function missing) etc. I think I´ll let my VAs process orders manually again. They are even faster than working with this plugin. I absolutely like the idea, it just doesn´t work as it should. If you´re having a decent store with hundreds of orders each day this just creates more problems than it solves...

as this is my first try with ecommerce, I did not bump into these problems yet,
I guess you have employees that do the ordering. how do you track the stock? especially if yo have hundreds of products.