premium website configuration

Keithos56

Hi Folks,
I am a new premium store owner. I am trying to understand the rationale of how the website is configured. Your website shows all products but when someone orders you find out the item is out of stock and have to search for a replacement supplier.
How often should one check on one's products?
Support and the project manager do not recommend using autoupdate but wouldn't it solve this problem? What new problems would it create?
Trying to understand.

chris37

Support and the project manager do not recommend using autoupdate but wouldn't it solve this problem?
Propaply you didn't understand correctly.. You must use autoupdate, get in touch with your project manager and try to have a better communication with him/her.

Keithos56

Who don't recommend auto update? It is a must for a dropshipping store to keep tracks of the supplier's stocks
I have been in touch with my project manager and she says that autoupdate will disturb all the pricing and variants that Alidropship edited before loading my premium store and does not recommend autoupdating my premium store.
Can I communicate with you on email directly?

Keithos56

Who don't recommend auto update? It is a must for a dropshipping store to keep tracks of the supplier's stocks
This is what I thought but this a premium store and my manager says if I autoupdate I will get many items going out of stock, lose variants and pricing that the Alidropship team edited when loading my premium store.

Keithos56

"Also, all of your winning products are already edited by our team and you shouldn't edit any "selected variants, pricing and images for every winning product".

You're right, if you use auto-update, it may affect your winning products. Their variations and pricing may be changed."

Above comments from my project manager

chris37

"Also, all of your winning products are already edited by our team and you shouldn't edit any "selected variants, pricing and images for every winning product".

You're right, if you use auto-update, it may affect your winning products. Their variations and pricing may be changed."

For this reason I build all my sites from scratch myself ;)

daniel-97

Can I communicate with you on email directly?
Yeah you can, will private message you my Whatsapp

For this I understand. I’ve seen premium products, it’s like they bundled them up into 1 variation.

But keep in mind that if one goes out of stock, you’ll not be able to place that order, so why not send them to draft and take care of them later?

Hence, it one variation went out of stock and you find another supplier’s variation to replace it, you’ll be paying 2 shipping cost unless you can find another supplier with all the required variations.