Possible to import same product more than once?

BananaBri

Does anyone know of a way to import the same product into a store more than once?
The plan would be to use a single variation of the product on separate pages - so the store looks more populated...

*** EDIT - I've figured a way. Just ignore me - I need more coffee! ***

Last edited:

the_lyall

I was actually thinking of doing this as well for a couple of items where I don't want to have the options as a second variation and instead as a separate product, but haven't had a chance to experiment yet. I know you can't import the same one using the Chrome plugin but you should be able to duplicate the product in WooCommerce regardless, and then update the price etc. manually? Not sure how updates would work (or not) as again I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet.

BananaBri

I was actually thinking of doing this as well for a couple of items where I don't want to have the options as a second variation and instead as a separate product, but haven't had a chance to experiment yet. I know you can't import the same one using the Chrome plugin but you should be able to duplicate the product in WooCommerce regardless, and then update the price etc. manually? Not sure how updates would work (or not) as again I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet.
Yes, duplicating the product is the way to do it, then just deleting the variations you don't want. I don't think it will be a problem re updates... I'm probably going to try it on a new store over the weekend. I'll post if there's any issues...

chris37

I already try it,is working but when any variation change from seller end is gonna set both page to zero stock!

Mar

Yes, duplicating the product is the way to do it, then just deleting the variations you don't want. I don't think it will be a problem re updates... I'm probably going to try it on a new store over the weekend. I'll post if there's any issues...
This is an old long complicated issue that I don't think is resolved. Try to search the forum with keyword "splitting variations", you will see many threads about it.