Possibility to split up item listing???

Hey all,

I was curious if anyone knew if it's possible to import one item listing but since the item listing has different variation like size/color to split this up so that each variation is it's own listing?

For example: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...Slim-Soft-Plastic-Back-Cover/32501861083.html

I would like to know if it's possible or what the best way to go about by separating the (8 colors) variation to make 8 separate listing.

Also how would i delete the other variations if i tried to import the products 8 times?

Thanks

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hey all,

I was curious if anyone knew if it's possible to import one item listing but since the item listing has different variation like size/color to split this up so that each variation is it's own listing?

For example: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...Slim-Soft-Plastic-Back-Cover/32501861083.html

I would like to know if it's possible or what the best way to go about by separating the (8 colors) variation to make 8 separate listing.

Also how would i delete the other variations if i tried to import the products 8 times?

Thanks
Hello, I think we will implement it in the future. I'm not sure about the estimate date , but we have it in plans.

I really need this too and I know there are many who want it. I think it's a really basic feature that should be implemented before other more advanced conversion additions (like upsells etc). Especially since there is no manual way around it, it's simply not possible. Would it be possible to move it higher on the to do list?

modzo

I would make 8 duplicates of the imported listing and then go into each one and delete the variations and pictures that dont apply to that one. Make sure you take care of any header or description editing that will apply to all listings to help minimise the amount that needs to be edited in the duplicates.
My products usually have 1 or 2 variations, so this method isn't too time consuming considering there will always be some editing needed on each listing anyway. eleting the variations is relatively quick.

Renee Hall

I would make 8 duplicates of the imported listing and then go into each one and delete the variations and pictures that dont apply to that one. Make sure you take care of any header or description editing that will apply to all listings to help minimise the amount that needs to be edited in the duplicates.
My products usually have 1 or 2 variations, so this method isn't too time consuming considering there will always be some editing needed on each listing anyway. eleting the variations is relatively quick.

Has anyone else done this? How has it worked for actual orders when the order goes to the vendor?