POLL: Is It Possible to Combine a Regular Job with Dropshipping?

Is It Possible to Combine a Regular Job with Dropshipping?

• YES! I have a full-time job and run a dropshipping business.

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • NO. I run a dropshipping business and it takes all my time.

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Christina

Administrator
Many beginners wonder whether they can start their own online business without leaving their current job.

This is understandable. When you are a responsible and dedicated full-time worker, you barely have the energy to insert the key into your flat’s front door when you come home after a long day. It feels like it’s impossible to manage and organize anything at all if you’re all tired and exhausted, and you’ve got family obligations, and friends, and a cat screaming, and everything is a mess.
Dear dropshippers, do you have a full-time job?
If so, how do you manage to successfully combine it with dropshipping?
And how much time you can dedicate to your online business every day?

Post your replies below.

advice-advise-advisor-7096.jpg

jubran

Not a full-time job but various other owned businesses online. DON'T work on any full-time or part-time job unless you want your headstart money for your online business. That's my tip for everybody and you'll eventually find your way.

caner

I started 1 week ago I don't have sale but I will have like other dropshippers. Like Jubran I am doing another online business it does not take so much time. If I wish I can start a job because I am an engineer may be now I am earning less than an engineer salary (for now). But 2 years working life under bosses and managers enough for me. I have my own business and I am the boss. Probably next year I will have 4-5 times graeter than this engineer salary.

Christina

Administrator
Not a full-time job but various other owned businesses online. DON'T work on any full-time or part-time job unless you want your headstart money for your online business. That's my tip for everybody and you'll eventually find your way.
I started 1 week ago I don't have sale but I will have like other dropshippers. Like Jubran I am doing another online business it does not take so much time. If I wish I can start a job because I am an engineer may be now I am earning less than an engineer salary (for now). But 2 years working life under bosses and managers enough for me. I have my own business and I am the boss. Probably next year I will have 4-5 times graeter than this engineer salary.

Thanks for your participation!
Please tell us how much time you can dedicate to your online business every day now? I think you both have a great experience in dropshipping which helps you to run your business without spending much time. But when you just started, how many hours you spent?

i work full time for now but still have time to spend on my store i am not gone live yet hopefully in next few days will go live, I am looking forward to replacing my current income with dropshipping

caner

Actually because I bought custom order website it didn't take my time so much, I just some extra products from aliexress and rewrite the descriptions as artistic. Most of my time is about reading marketting skills. May be 2-3 hours in a day. You don't need thousands of products just find a couple of products which has good potential and sale with good marketting and nice looking website.

Item Zone

Just started and have a full time job. Still building my store and working things out at the moment. I'll get there eventually :)

zoejogle

A few months ago, I decided to do something of my own and try my hand at sales, but I did not have enough capital to afford the rent of a warehouse, retail space, and the first purchase. Everyone knows that to understand whether a business is profitable or not, it takes at least six months, or even more. In search of an alternative, a solution was found – dropshipping. I chose him because of the lack of investments and the opportunity to combine my main work with him. Before delving into this area, I looked at many career tips and decided they suited me.

Last edited:

Orjanel

At one point in my life, I thought a lot about getting into dropshipping, but I just didn't have the courage I guess.
Not even that, I didn't have the confidence in my own abilities, I wasn't sure that I could do that kind of task.
After all, it was very risky and needed enough money to get the whole thing off the ground, so I left the idea alone.

K

KateKateKate

I think it can be a challenge to become successful in that field and start making money. I used to think about that, but then, I decided to get into software development, and it turned out to be a great option for me. It didn't take me long to find a job on https://relocate.me/search/software-developer/the-netherlands, and I'm more than satisfied with my salary.