Plugin Suggestions

jstnpwll

I'm using the WooCommerce plugin + Chrome extension, and noticed a few things that could make the process even smoother:

During import edit:
  • Auto-update permalink
    I never leave the title unedited, so it would be nice if the permalinks updated when I change the product title instead of having to manually type in new ones every time. Or maybe we could just have a button to convert the new title into a permalink format once you're happy with it.
  • Short description
    WooCommerce products have a description and a short description. I'd like the option to enter both during import.
  • Images in descriptions
    If there are images in a product description on AliExpress, I often want to pick one or two of those and use them in my product gallery (not in the description). I don't see any way of selecting these images to use in the gallery, which would be very handy.
    Edit: I found this option!
Editing products on WooCommerce site:
  • Product variation order
    I've noticed that the nice attributes don't seem to respect the order numbers given in WooCommerce. I can rearrange the variations but they still display on the product page in their original order. It would be great if they we shown in the right order.

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

Auto-update permalink
...would be nice if the permalinks updated when I change the product title instead of having to manually type in new ones every time.
They do. When you click edit, just delete the URL and save. It will auto generate a new one based on the new title. Even Wordpress itself does this if you edit a post or page title. There is no need to manually type in the new URL.

Short description
WooCommerce products have a description and a short description. I'd like the option to enter both during import.
You can't. "Before" import you are editing Aliexpress product fields which have no connection to Woocommerce fields. Aliexpress product pages would also have to have a short description to even start thinking about that. Especially as the main and short description would have different text.