PHP 8 Compatibility

timothy

Hi @Yaros

Just wanted to share with you that many hosting providers have been starting to switch over to PHP 8.0

I understand that Ion Cube loader will be shipping a new loader for PHP 8 in Q1 2021

Please could you update this plugin when the ion cube loader for PHP 8 is released? Otherwise our sites will start to become incompatble.

Thanks

I recommend that you wait a bit, since the vast majority of pugins on the market continue to recommend PHP 7.4. It is a matter of time before the implementation by the developers takes place, but today it is not worth it.

chris37

I recommend that you wait a bit, since the vast majority of pugins on the market continue to recommend PHP 7.4. It is a matter of time before the implementation by the developers takes place, but today it is not worth it.

I stop to give anymore attention to this PHP debated ... Its boring to explain to people that doesn't make much of a difference :)

Last edited:

timothy

I stop to give anymore attention to this PHP debated ... Its boring to explain to people that doesn't make much of the different :)

I know it doesn't make much of a difference. The problem is that our hosting provider is going to switch to PHP 8 in the near future, we essentially have no choice but to upgrade to php 8.

chris37

The problem is that our hosting provider is going to switch to PHP 8 in the near future,
if your specific hosting provider doesn't allow you do use the PHP version you like i suggested you to change it , because is not gonna allow you to make and other things for sure

Last edited:

Georgy

Hi @Yaros

Just wanted to share with you that many hosting providers have been starting to switch over to PHP 8.0

I understand that Ion Cube loader will be shipping a new loader for PHP 8 in Q1 2021

Please could you update this plugin when the ion cube loader for PHP 8 is released? Otherwise our sites will start to become incompatble.

Thanks
Hello! Most hosting providers will still support PHP 7+. But our developers will handle that when it will be the time to switch

timothy

Hi @George Murdasov @Yaros any ETA on the php 8.0 release for Alidropship Woo plugin? Our hosting provider is forcing all users to move to php 8.0 by next year, so it will be good to know if there is any update on this. Thanks!

Georgy

Hi @George Murdasov @Yaros any ETA on the php 8.0 release for Alidropship Woo plugin? Our hosting provider is forcing all users to move to php 8.0 by next year, so it will be good to know if there is any update on this. Thanks!
Hello! Thank you for reaching out.

Not in the nearest future. Most of the services are still do not support PHP8, such as Ioncube and other ones. When all ecosystem will start moving to PHP8, we will release an update. Likely your hosting provider will still support the previous version.

Best regards,
George

timothy

Hello! Thank you for reaching out.

Not in the nearest future. Most of the services are still do not support PHP8, such as Ioncube and other ones. When all ecosystem will start moving to PHP8, we will release an update. Likely your hosting provider will still support the previous version.

Best regards,
George

hi @George Murdasov

Ioncube has indicated that the release for PHP 8 support will be sometime at the end of next year. See this thread: https://forum.ioncube.com/viewtopic.php?t=4592&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

By this time, our hosting provider would have forced us to move to php 8 and we cannot use the plugin. Security updates for php 7.4 will stop 28 Nov 2022, and the loader for php 8 may not be released yet. Can you consider other options for encrypting the Alidropship source code, like Sourceguardian which has php 8 support?

Georgy

hi @George Murdasov

Ioncube has indicated that the release for PHP 8 support will be sometime at the end of next year. See this thread: https://forum.ioncube.com/viewtopic.php?t=4592&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

By this time, our hosting provider would have forced us to move to php 8 and we cannot use the plugin. Security updates for php 7.4 will stop 28 Nov 2022, and the loader for php 8 may not be released yet. Can you consider other options for encrypting the Alidropship source code, like Sourceguardian which has php 8 support?
Hi, thank you for reaching out. Most likely, all hosting providers will not depreciate versions under PHP8 cause they will lose users. We do not plan right now to move from ioncube. Will see what the next year will bring

Best regards,
George

chris37

Hi! No, we didn't tested it and didn't migrated to PHP8
Hi George, that kept me worry as well.

I can understand the reason why is difficult to move to PHP8, but I am really scare what is going to happens when hosting provide for any case doesn’t want to support 7.4 anymore. Do you have any working solution when that is going to happen( if is going to happen ) ?

timothy

Hi! No, we didn't tested it and didn't migrated to PHP8
@George Murdasov Hello, we understand that PHP 7.4 is going to be depreciated coming this August / September and our hosting provider will officially move all accounts to PHP 8.

Could you please advise an ETA on when support for PHP 8 is going to be released? This is getting urgent as we have 3 websites running on Alidropship.

Thank you

Georgy

Hi George, that kept me worry as well.

I can understand the reason why is difficult to move to PHP8, but I am really scare what is going to happens when hosting provide for any case doesn’t want to support 7.4 anymore. Do you have any working solution when that is going to happen( if is going to happen ) ?
@George Murdasov Hello, we understand that PHP 7.4 is going to be depreciated coming this August / September and our hosting provider will officially move all accounts to PHP 8.

Could you please advise an ETA on when support for PHP 8 is going to be released? This is getting urgent as we have 3 websites running on Alidropship.

Thank you
Hi! What hosting are you using? We are waiting for ionCube loader, when they will move on PHP8. Most of all hosting providers will support PHP versions lower than PHP8, because a lot of solutions still using versions under php8. And be sure, that if that be crucial point, we will find solution

timothy

Hi @George Murdasov

Our hosting provider is officially moving us to PHP 8 end of August 30, 2022.

Can you please let us know urgently when you will release support for PHP 8? Otherwise all our sites running this plugin will break.

This is very urgent. Please kindly let us know

timothy

@George Murdasov I have contacted Ioncube loader and they told me that support for php 8 (including the loaders) will be released next week. Please could you get your engineering team to update the plugin then? We are using Alidropship Woo

Georgy

Hi @George Murdasov

Our hosting provider is officially moving us to PHP 8 end of August 30, 2022.

Can you please let us know urgently when you will release support for PHP 8? Otherwise all our sites running this plugin will break.

This is very urgent. Please kindly let us know
Hi! What hosting are you using?

@George Murdasov I have contacted Ioncube loader and they told me that support for php 8 (including the loaders) will be released next week. Please could you get your engineering team to update the plugin then? We are using Alidropship Woo
Could you please provide reference or screenshot of answer their team? That they will release an update for php8