Per aspera ad astra. My Journey

Nova

Hey guys,

I'm finally created my new store.
Registered a domain, setup alidropship plugin, create a logo, fill it with products, integrate a PayPal... and started :)
As I was thinking, "just doing what is written in articles and blog :) But it's not so...I really faced with a huge amount of problems.

The first was Facebook, I created a shop's page, fill it with some content, posts etc.
I joined a lot of related groups to share posts from shop's page.
Then, I wrote a good post and click Share in a group ;)
Everything was fine, but my post placed under my personal account. The post was collect a lot of likes, but my page received only 3-5 likes ((
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or Facebook has changed rules.

The second was with Instagram shoutouts. I spent a lot of time to find good influencers.
Guys, how are you searching influencers? Instagram's search is the worst (
Anyway, I found 2 accounts, which I thought is a good :) We're discussed everything and they placed my posts.
The first post was with a collage and a link on catalog's category, the second with a small video and link to all catalog.
As a result, I received in about ~ 150-200 visits and 2 orders! But the main point is, 2 orders made a girl who placed my shoutout ;))))))
In fact, i spent $40 + $15 = $55 and didn't receive any orders, just 3-4 abandoned carts.

Now I'm read a lot of articles about social media marketing.
My main goal is Instagram and Facebook.

And I'm thinking: What to DO and HOW to do!
If you have any advice for me! Please!

Next goal: 10 sales

meeyule

Everything was fine, but my post placed under my personal account. The post was collect a lot of likes, but my page received only 3-5 likes ((
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or Facebook has changed rules.
When you post, you can choose whether to post from your personal account or your business account.
Untitled-1.jpg

Click on the little triangle and chose the right account :)

Nova

When you post, you can choose whether to post from your personal account or your business account.
Click on the little triangle and chose the right account :)

I know that. When i'm make a post, i can choice account.
But when i click on Share -> Share... -> Share in a Group, I cant choice account,
http://joxi.ru/Y2LeOEi9awX0A6
and post appear in group under my personal account.

Nova

Today, my Facebook AD account was blocked :mad: And I don't have any ideas "for what?".
After my appeals, I receive answer:

I had another look at your ad account and unfortunately we won't be able to re-enable it.
All ad accounts are evaluated for policy compliance and quality of ad content. When accounts run ads that don't follow our Advertising Policies, they're disabled.
There's no further action that you may take here. We don't support ads for your business model.
Please consider this decision final.
How was your appeals experience? Give us your feedback to help us do better:

I had been launching a few ADs, with a static images and the last one with a video. Nothing special, general video with image slides, texts for one product -> Knitted Blanket.

Moha

Facebook dont support dropshippers I think. My ads account got suspended a week ago and received a similar response for my appeal.

Ola

I have a general store and I have been using facebook ads for over a year and I have never had any problem with my ads. Only that I don't get lucky with sales from their ads.

Nova

Who're launched Google AdWords?
How been it worked? What results did you achieve?

I'm a little bit confused ;) I'm setting up it, right now, make some tests... and so, my current avarage cost per click is about $1 – $1,2 is it normal?

Just calculating:
- from 100 clicks i'll get in about 1 – 2 orders (if 1-2% conversion),
- as best results i'll get in about $10 – $30 profit
and so, my advertesment was $1 – $1,2 * 100 = $100 – $120.

May be i'm wrong or made some mistakes?
Or it's a terrible reality? :))

meeyule

I'm a little bit confused ;) I'm setting up it, right now, make some tests... and so, my current avarage cost per click is about $1 – $1,2 is it normal?

Just calculating:

Once, years ago, I created an Adwords account and submitted an ad. I think it was rejected 6 times, I kept working on it until they were finally satisfied and accepted it. Then I launched the damned thing and it cost me like $46 and no sales before I canceled it. Never touched Adwords again :D

Mar

Once, years ago, I created an Adwords account and submitted an ad. I think it was rejected 6 times, I kept working on it until they were finally satisfied and accepted it. Then I launched the damned thing and it cost me like $46 and no sales before I canceled it. Never touched Adwords again :D
I tried Adwords. It is not a straight forward set up, but after spending some time on research and tutorials I made it. While I was on it I came across an article about Adwords, the story is how it is killing small businesses. Initially I did not believe it. When I understood about keyword planner, that is when I realized that the article was right. In Keyword Planner you will see how keywords are bid especially when you are targeting countries like the U. S. To make it short, in Adwords you are competing with big online stores who have all the money to spend on ads. When you are in Google Adwords you need a considerable amount of money to spend and chances are you will go bankrupt before you make the first sale.

Mar

Just calculating:

In Google Adwords, you are competing with big online stores who have all the money to spend on ads, that is why they said Adwords are killing small businesses. When you understand about Keyword Planner, you will realize it.

meeyule

In Google Adwords, you are competing with big online stores who have all the money to spend on ads, that is why they said Adwords are killing small businesses. When you understand about Keyword Planner, you will realize it.
It can also be pretty dangerous if you aren't careful. I remember a horror story from years ago, where a guy was competing for a keyword with one of the big players. He bid slightly less than the big company for the same keyword. Then he went on holiday for a long weekend and had no internet access. While he was away the big company stopped bidding on that keyword and he was suddenly next in line. Came back from his weekend to find that he was over $7000 in debt on his adwords account, and on top of that had exceeded the bandwidth limit on his hosting account and owed them a stack of money as well. (Bandwidth was very exensive back then)

Mar

Today, my Facebook AD account was blocked :mad: And I don't have any ideas "for what?".
After my appeals, I receive answer:

I had been launching a few ADs, with a static images and the last one with a video. Nothing special, general video with image slides, texts for one product -> Knitted Blanket.
I am not paying Facebook ads anymore but I experienced my site being blocked and lifted and blocked again until it is not lifted again until now. You are lucky to receive a response from them. Others like me don't receive any answer to appeals. You will never understand the reason why you are blocked, in fact I really think even Facebook don't understand why they block you.

Mar

It can also be pretty dangerous if you aren't careful. I remember a horror story from years ago, where a guy was competing for a keyword with one of the big players. He bid slightly less than the big company for the same keyword. Then he went on holiday for a long weekend and had no internet access. While he was away the big company stopped bidding on that keyword and he was suddenly next in line. Came back from his weekend to find that he was over $7000 in debt on his adwords account, and on top of that had exceeded the bandwidth limit on his hosting account and owed them a stack of money as well. (Bandwidth was very exensive back then)
Yes that's right. You need to set up spending limits or else it will be too late.

Nova

I am not paying Facebook ads anymore but I experienced my site being blocked and lifted and blocked again until it is not lifted again until now. You are lucky to receive a response from them. Others like me don't receive any answer to appeals. You will never understand the reason why you are blocked, in fact I really think even Facebook don't understand why they block you.

I've found another way to solve the problem with support and appeals. The way is to create a ticket in support doesn't bring any results, I'm even thinking that robots are answering on tickets ;))) in most of the situations.
Because I received answers like templates, overmore some answers were: "we've reactivated your account" and some answers were "we wan't to unblock your account", but in reality, nothing was changed with my account.

So, I don't know, maybe I'm a little bit lucky ;) but the next way was helped to me:
Go here: http://www.facebook.com/business/resources, select for example -> Ad account settings, and at the bottom of the page, click on CHAT. Then try to explain everything about your situation to support's operator. Say something like "I don't know how it happens, I don't know how to do it, I didn't want to break any rules and etc...
As a result: my account now unblocked and working fine ;) and also they can help you and explain what are you doing wrong.