Original and Woo

Status
Not open for further replies.

debian112

Can I install woocommerce and run it side-by-side with alidropship original? Like use alidropship for aliexpress and woocommerce for cj dropship and other things.

Direct Webstore

I don't think so.
Right.

Can I install woocommerce and run it side-by-side with alidropship original?
No

If you want to use Woocommerce and Alidropship, you must use the Woo version. Not the Original.

If you use Woocommerce (Or the Original ADS), you can add products manually from any source. But only the Alidropship/Aliexpress ones will automatically update and have semi-auto order placement. Any manually added products will have to be manually updated, which means you will have to check the stock levels/prices daily.

Just for the Hell of it, why don't you just try that and see what happens? It would only take 10 minutes or so. Go on! Be brave! Give it a go then come back and tell us what happened

I'm betting there will be error messages involved. But it's a strange world. I may be wrong. :)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

switching would be painful.

You did not ask about "switching".

You asked this ...

The answer to your original question is still ...

"No, but "try" it anyway and see what happens".

If you use Woocommerce (Or the Original ADS), you can add products manually from any source. But only the Alidropship/Aliexpress ones will automatically update and have semi-auto order placement. Any manually added products will have to be manually updated, which means you will have to check the stock levels/prices daily.
And also keep this in mind.

... "try" it anyway and see what happens".
Thank God people 100,000 years ago used to do this. If they did not, we'd still be trying to find out how to make fire. LOL

:)

Last edited:

mt1895

Hi Debian112

That would be a lot of trouble to change your site just to find out you prefer the first way better so ASK YOUR QUESTIONS; there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

I wanted to do the same thing a couple of months ago and suspected that I would need a separate license to do that. However I asked the group at support@alidropship.com instead of asking here.

I ended up having them switch my "Original" version to the "Woo" version which I use today. The only reason I had them switch is because I installed the wrong one to begin with and never did begin construction on my site with the original version.

Now, I thought that was an EXCELLENT question so again I went to the source of the plugin and asked them to consider allowing us to use the license two time for the reason you stated and here is a copy of that conversation:
______________________________________________________-

Hi guys,

I have a question that derived from the Alidropship forum.

Will you consider upgrading our accounts to be able to use our license
on two URL's before needing to purchase another license?

The reason I ask is because there are a few of us who would love to test
out both versions of the plugin.

For instance (as is the case with me and one other person on the forum),
we started with WooCommerce and generated sales but it would be very
painful to switch to Alidropship original.

If we had the ability to use the license just two times, we could easily
create a subfolder within the SAME domain to test the plugin.

If we decided we prefer one over the other then we could very easily
make that one our default.

If you think this will cause you a decrease in sales, then perhaps you
could increase your base price for new customers and mention that with
the increase they will have the ability to use the license on a
sub-folder within the same domain if you don't want to allow them to use
it on a totally different domain.

Thank you

Hello,

We appreciate you taking your time to let us know what you are looking for. I'll let the developers team know that you'd really like this feature!
Just to say, while we can't promise timelines for features being released, we're constantly building features and improving our product in general.

Thank you for your feedback!
Best regards,
Egor

Direct Webstore

That would be a lot of trouble to change your site just to find out you prefer the first way better
So many people seem to be totally unaware of the simple concept of "backups". I've seen all sorts of problems on this forum and elsewhere that could have been avoided if people actually made BACKUPS, BACKUPS, BACKUPS! Got that in your heads now people? :)

Spending 5 minutes backing up your site and trying Woo (or anything else) is not really a lot of trouble. And if you don't like it, it's another 5 minutes to restore the backup of the Original version site. Simple! And even easier if you use an excellent plugin like "Updraft Plus".

Will you consider upgrading our accounts to be able to use our license
on two URL's before needing to purchase another license?
$89 for an excellent product with free lifetime support is a bargain. I have 8 sets of licenses (Alidropship, Social Rabbit etc) and don't begrudge them a single cent. Just my opinion, of course.

Also, if you want to try Woo, you don't need two licenses. Like I already said, just backup the Original site, then start from scratch installing the Woo version. The URL is still the same. The license will still work.

And if you want to use the license on another URL, just ask for it to be reset.

No wonder "Egor" just gave the standard customer/politically correct "Thanks for the suggestion" reply. (The one they use when they have no interest and/or the suggestion does not make much sense)

;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mar

mt1895

:D (LOL) I understand where you are going.

First of all I used Updraft Plus (a license version) a couple of years ago and it crashed my site. I switched to AllInOneMigration (License version) which is the cat's meow in my opinion as it make backing up, restoring and migrating a breeze.

Personally, I Backup up my entire Wordpress site on a weekly basis and more often if a major change is made. However, "BACKING UP YOUR SYSTEM" is not the issue here but for the record I did indeed backup my system and made a funky change as an experiment and did a restore shortly thereafter.

If you can backup your site in FIVE MINUTES then I am guessing you are just backing up your SQL files with UpdraftPlus or just the files that have been changed and you may be in for a rude awakening later on.

Benchmarking your site or split testing as it were is just good sense and management. A side by side comparison as oppose to taking screen shots of each look after several backups and restores to get a general idea as to what is going on sounds like a recipe for disaster and wasted time.

I agree 100% that $89 for the AliDropShip is a fantastic bargain and any subsequent plugin can be bought for $69.

I suppose buying an extra license to perform the tests in questions can be viewed as "Part of the cost of doing business".

No one is begrudging AliDropShip for anything. As a matter of fact I have just sent them an email of gratitude a couple of days ago (3-14-2020) that I purchased their plugin on Jan. 19, 2020. It took me about 45 days to learn the plugin, set up my woo theme site and all that it entailed as well as correcting the problems that came up. I spent 10 days spinning my Facebook Ads and received my First sale yesterday (3-15-2020) LESS THAN TWO MONTHS which I am confident is not a bad time-frame on the average. Because if I sell one item, I will sell two and if I sell two items, I will sell four and so on...

Finally, you posted in part:

"...No wonder "Egor" just gave the standard customer/politically correct "Thanks for the suggestion" reply. (The one they use when they have no interest and/or the suggestion does not make much sense) "

Are those Egor words and sentiment or yours? If it is yours then fine you are certainly entitled to your opinion. However, you really should not read things into other people statements. It is possible he meant EXACTLY what he typed.
;);)

Last edited:

Mar

If you can backup your site in FIVE MINUTES then I am guessing you are just backing up your SQL files with UpdraftPlus or just the files that have been changed and you may be in for a rude awakening later on.
Yes, you only need the data base backup. It will restore the whole site if you need. You are making the story long and complicated. A simple backup is all you need if you want to experiment. You don't need to ask help from support. I can't imagine allowing the plugin used two times for a test, that's weird and non sense. And you even suggested to increase the price of the plugin for new customers. How dare you suggest that.

mt1895

That;s fine Mar, I'm just viewing this from a different angle. To each his own.

Yes I dare suggest increasing the price as a supplement and one other member on this site will agree it is indeed a great price.

Have you ever bought something and said to yourself "WOW what a great buy" then discovered shortly thereafter that the price was even lower just a few days ago? Of course you have! But that didn't mean you devalued what you just bought and you were perfectly satisfied with the amount you paid; same here. I can assure you that if they increase the price of the plugin, it will NOT affect you as you have a Lifetime license with NO recurring charges.

mt1895

....oh and FTR, with an AllInOneMigration license, you can use it on as many website you own with just ONE license.

But I get the consensus here (I guess). Just buy an extra license or
Backup
Make Change
Test
Keep Look or
Restore....... Oh wait a minute how did that other theme handle.....?
Repeat the above
Backup
Make Change
Test (I hope all goes well while my site is live and has this different look)
Keep Look or
Restore

Direct Webstore

Are those Egor words and sentiment or yours?
That's from 3 years of experience of reading posts and developer replies in the "Suggestion Forum". lol

However, you really should not read things into other people statements.
You really need to stop being pedantic. It's a "guess" based on the comment right above this one.

It is possible he meant EXACTLY what he typed.
Anything is possible. But again, based on that comment above, it's not "probable".

If you can backup your site in FIVE MINUTES
That's a random figure I plucked out of the air as every site is different. No nit picking a precise figure is neccessary. lol. But I imagine a new site that someone was "trying out" would not be that big. So "5 mins" is a reasonable guess. Even if it took 30 minutes for such an important experiment, it's still not a lot of trouble.

Last edited:

Mar

I can assure you that if they increase the price of the plugin, it will NOT affect you as you have a Lifetime license with NO recurring charges.
Yes it will not affect me, but how about the new customers? First of all you have to think if your suggestion is so popular and it is alright if it will affect all new customers. Anyway, I don't believe your non sense suggestion will be implemented. Again, I can't imagine the team will allow the plugin used two times for a test, requested by one user, and increase the price for all new customers. You don't underestimate the mentality of the support team. They know very well that this kind of test don't need their intervention. Your request is not likely to be implemented but you have shown what kind of person you are with your intention to affect all new customers.

Direct Webstore

I suppose buying an extra license to perform the tests
I still don't see the logic in needing two licenses to try out both the Original and Woo versions. It just does not make sense. Back up one, try the other. Simple.

And you even suggested to increase the price of the plugin for new customers. How dare you suggest that.
I agree.

You are making the story long and complicated.
That's it in a nutshell. It's making a "molehill" task into a "mountain" task.

mt1895

All right Mar let's just put it to rest.

I just joined this community yesterday. From your comments as a moderator I can tell that it;s better for me to just go silent.

Have a great day :)

Mar

All right Mar let's just put it to rest.

I just joined this community yesterday. From your comments as a moderator I can tell that it;s better for me to just go silent.

Have a great day :)
You are encouraged to join the forum, but if you want to make things complicated, I am sure you will have a lot if it.

Direct Webstore

As well as being a voluntary, unpaId moderator (not employed by Alidropship), she is also a "member" like you and me and her comments are as a member. Public forums are designed for people to discuss, offer help, ask for help and state thoughts and opinions. You need to deal with that rather than being "sulky" if others don't share your ideas. It's really no big deal ... unless one is 8 years old. LOL :)

Have a great day
Thank you. You too.

:)

mt1895

I get that DW and that certainly put things in perspective. However, wouldn't you agree that as adult saying people idea are nonsense, won't be implemented and so forth borderline childish, insulting and unfair.

Like I said, I am new here and don't know you, her or anyone else here. I take absolutely noting to heart and not offended at all because at the end of the day no one here will put food on my table, money in my pocket or keep my bed warm so it really doesn't matter to me.

All is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.