Order Processing with AliWoo

I'm trying to derstand te order process and how the system is supposed to respond.

Once I do "Place Order Automatically" ...follow through and place the order with AE, is the order status in Woo supposed to update change?

It still says Processing and when I click through, under Actions the "Place Order Automatically" option is still there. Should this update? How do I ensure I don't duplicate orders since the option is still there?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I'm trying to derstand te order process and how the system is supposed to respond.

Once I do "Place Order Automatically" ...follow through and place the order with AE, is the order status in Woo supposed to update change?

It still says Processing and when I click through, under Actions the "Place Order Automatically" option is still there. Should this update? How do I ensure I don't duplicate orders since the option is still there?
Please read about order status here: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/managing-orders/

Thanks Victoria,

I've looked through the Woocommerce managing orders already as I've also looked through the Knowledge centre which primarily focuses on the AD plugin. What I'm asking about is AliDropship + Woo..aka AliWoo. So the INTEGRATION. What role does each play on the process?

Like I said, my order is sitting at processing. Since AD automates a lot on the Ali side, I don't know if this is automatically updated once the seller processes the order on their end. There is also nothing to tell me if the Place order Automatically should still be there. As I'm new to both plugins I don't know if that's a Woo feature or an AD feature. But since it links to Ali, I can only assume it's an AD feature, which means linking me to the Woo document won't help.

It's a bit frustrating that there is so much info for the AD plugin but scant for the AliWoo...even though we all paid the same price for it. If AliWoo is the integration of both, there needs to be clear information on what role AD plays in the Woo process from start to finish. Not just info on AD and then info on Woo. And the existing AliWoo info in the knowledge centre does not give enough info. A process map maybe, of the full set up to order processing and what role each play in it. Going back and forth between AD Knowledge Centre and Woo to try and piece together what to do just doesn't cut it.

Anyhow, that's my rant.

mduncanvm

After you run an automatic order I wait for the tracking number to become available by keeping an eye on AliExpress. I then go and do a "get tracking ID" on the order in WooCommerce and set the order to "Complete" manually. That sends out the email with the tracking number to the client.