Order Count Indication Customization - Huge order numbers look made up

Simos

Most of the products I import in my store are selected based on their orders count. As a result products pages on popular products look like this:

Screenshot 2016-10-23 16.18.13.png
Screenshot 2016-10-23 16.19.31.png

This makes the store look unstrustworthy. Such a big order count is hard to believe and looks random and made up.

I am aware that changing the order count is possible from the product customization page but it would be a lot of work to do it for every single product in the store.

Screenshot 2016-10-23 16.26.13.png

The thing is that if you set a custom number let's say 345 and you leave the update product option ON, then the next time that the product gets updated the Orders Placed value is going to change to big number from Aliexpress.

Screenshot 2016-10-23 16.26.34.png

If you tun the auto update function OFF then other important product details are not going to be updated like the product Quantity and that would be a problem for the store.

Would it be possible to include an option in the plugin settings to set a random order number for all products? Let's say that I want to assign random order counts with numbers ranging from 20-250 orders so all products will have a random value from 20-250.

The Dropper

Would it be possible to include an option in the plugin settings to set a random order number for all products? Let's say that I want to assign random order counts with numbers ranging from 20-250 orders so all products will have a random value from 20-250.

+1 vote for such feature .
However, still didn't get how the plugin show theses numbers ?

Last edited:

Simos

This is my assumption: A seller in Aliexpress is selling a product with a stock of let's say 10.000 units. He sells out all his stock. Since this is such a popular product he resupplies another 10.000 units on the same Aliexpress listing. So resupply after resupply orders are added up to the order number of the original listing which ends up to be a HUGE number.

I still find it hard to believe though that he might have sold 31 million pairs of these earrings :D

Yaros

Staff member
Please update the plugin and theme. this is a bug that was fixed. As for the big amount of orders we will make it a customisable option.

Simos

Let's say that I manually set a smaller number and I don't Update Products from the plugin settings.

My setting is whenever a product has no stock to send it to draft.

If a product's quantity from the supplier hits zero will the plugin automatically send it to draft or for that to happen I have to press update from the settings?

Yaros

Staff member
Let's say that I manually set a smaller number and I don't Update Products from the plugin settings.

My setting is whenever a product has no stock to send it to draft.

If a product's quantity from the supplier hits zero will the plugin automatically send it to draft or for that to happen I have to press update from the settings?
If the stock hits zero, the plugin should send it to draft.

Simos

Excellent. In that case, what can I do to temporarily fix this until we get a setting for it?
Can I change the order number count manually on these products without causing other problems to the shop?

Yaros

Staff member
Yes, you can order products manually and we will try to add the option for orders asap.