Optimize Images

Brayden

Just wondering if it's possible to optimize the images it gets from aliexpress ? my settings are to fetch from ali. Trying to get my pagespeed down.

Internet Fix

I would also like to know how to optimise the images that are imported from AliExpress, not just for Site loading speed but importantly for SEO.
Can Yaros perhaps explain how this is best done? Should we be taking a screen shot of the imported images and re upload them with proper SEO title and alt tags so the image is original to us? Should we be just editing the alt tags in the word press image editor?
Are there plugins that can assist with image SEO?
Or should we leave it as original? With so many product images on our sites I think this is a very important aspect to get correct.

convct

While the product images are stored remotely (AliExpress) we have no control over optimisation on the server side. Sellers upload their images and I imagine AliExpress has their own Optimising Methods - However, there are other options available.

It is time consuming but worth taking the time to use some of the suggestions here on this page, it has good advice Click Me on image optimisation.

Some stuff you have no choice to import to your own server, in which case the first post recommending Smush is great. Personally, I've been considering using a VPS as a media server so I can optimise before it gets pulled in to my site.

Hope this helps