No Paypal API for Personal Account, can we use paypal still?

Rodrigo

Hello.
I am helping one of my friends set up a store, he is not an US person but is here for a few months so I am helping him with the hosting and all.

He opened a paypal account and ordered the paypal prepaid card that will load from the balance.

His account didnt show API option and aftr contacting Paypal support they said that API is not available on Personal Accounts, so he would need to upgrade it to a Business Account. He does not have a company setup in the US, nor a TaxId number.

Is it possible to use paypal personal just with the email address and not using the API's, even if redirect the customer to paypal and back to the store?

Thanks,

fishbowlfx

Hi Rodrigo,

We have to remember that we are doing business already so, what you do is create a business account in Paypal-google it on how it is done. Then somewhere in settings get your Paypal API.

Rodrigo

Hi Rodrigo,

We have to remember that we are doing business already so, what you do is create a business account in Paypal-google it on how it is done. Then somewhere in settings get your Paypal API.
thanks fishbowlfx. I have a paypal personal that has access to the APIs and also have a Business Account.

However for my friend's account paypal business requires that you have an actual business registered, and he does not yet :S

Will explore creating the paypal account as a venezuelan paypal and not us and do the business upgrade there to see.

Thanks for your reply!

Rodrigo

So I resolved this issue the following way: Had my friend open a Venezuela Paypal Business Account, after the registration he had the API options enabled and plugged those in to the alidropship plugin, we will do some testing and see, but so far seems to work.