no main pictures imported, only description pictures

Volker

Besides sending a message to the support email, I will post it here as well:

I just set up a Woo store and imported about 300 products. I activated all picture imports since I have a scalable cloud and don't need to worry about size and performance.

From the 1st page on Aliexpress all products were imported together with all pictures. Products from any other page were imported with description pictures only. The main picture is just a placeholder, variation pictures do not exist.

Neither "upload images" under general settings not updating the products changed anything.

270 products only description pictures, 30 products complete with all pictures.

What is the reason and how can this be fixed?

daniel-97

From the 1st page on Aliexpress all products were imported together with all pictures. Products from any other page were imported with description pictures only. The main picture is just a placeholder, variation pictures do not exist.
About the Featured and Variation images, were the status on your site shown broken or externally linked to Aliexpress? Or they just blank and nothing was there?

Volker

The missing pictures are not imported. All pictures in the media gallery are locally on my server, there are neither broken nor externally hosted pictures.
But what I can see is that still pictures are imported, super slow. But the media gallery keeps growing.
I will wait for another day to check if everything has eventually been imported.
thank you

Volker

It seems to work. Not sure why the picture import takes that long, but pictures still keep coming and products will be completed step by step. Will probably take 5-10 hours to import all the pictures.

Storeman

I have the same problem. (( Please help! All new import products have only description pictures. What to do??

PS. I may have just found a solution to the problem. One of the products uploaded a lot of gif files. After I deleted this product and imported another product, it was imported normally.

Last edited:

Volker

It took 2 days for me to import 8000 pictures. First, when I started importing the products, about 500 pictures were imported, then the picture import stopped all of a sudden but started again some hours later. However.
Just make sure you are logged in to your shop, your browser app is logged in, and keep the windows open.