No attribute name on AliExpress --> No variations on AliDropship Woo

litus

Hi, I can't find any thread with this issue discussed.

When I import Aliexpress products which have variations but don't have the name of the attribute set (i.e. color, model, etc.), the plugin does not recognize the variations at all. You can see what I mean here and here. Those products have multiple variations but they don't have the name of the attribute, so my AliDropship Woo plugin imports them as a single product.

chris37

Hi, I can't find any thread with this issue discussed.

When I import Aliexpress products which have variations but don't have the name of the attribute set (i.e. color, model, etc.), the plugin does not recognize the variations at all. You can see what I mean here and here. Those products have multiple variations but they don't have the name of the attribute, so my AliDropship Woo plugin imports them as a single product.
Do you mean is imported them with the 3 different color ? how i see it in the aliexpress link you share in you first link?
If is like that then actually you have a variation product again from the moment you can change color...
A screenshot of your product page of your site is going to make it more clear what you mean !

litus

Do you mean is imported them with the 3 different color ? how i see it in the aliexpress link you share in you first link?
If is like that then actually you have a variation product again from the moment you can change color...
A screenshot of your product page of your site is going to make it more clear what you mean !

Thank you @Chrisschris37 . Not at all, actually it is imported as a single product without variations. It gets the lowest price available to do the calculations and the plugin manages the product as if it had no variations on Aliexpress.

This product is imported without variations to my WooCommerce. It appears on my store as a single product:
Screenshot_20200919_180725.png
Screenshot_20200919_181810.png
(Don't look at the prices, I've changed them by hand and set them not to be updated. By default it would get the 7,71€ normal price and the 4,55€ discounted price to apply the pricing formula.)

This is happening to me when importing products that don't have a name on the variation attribute on AliExpress. This one is also imported as a single item with no variations:
Screenshot_20200919_184716.png

This works OK:
Screenshot_20200919_183230.png
I don't know whether it happens only to me or not.

chris37

Thank you @Chrisschris37 . Not at all, actually it is imported as a single product without variations. It gets the lowest price available to do the calculations and the plugin manages the product as if it had no variations on Aliexpress.

This product is imported without variations to my WooCommerce. It appears on my store as a single product:
View attachment 12920
View attachment 12921
(Don't look at the prices, I've changed them by hand and set them not to be updated. By default it would get the 7,71€ normal price and the 4,55€ discounted price to apply the pricing formula.)

This is happening to me when importing products that don't have a name on the variation attribute on AliExpress. This one is also imported as a single item with no variations:
View attachment 12923

This works OK:
View attachment 12922
I don't know whether it happens only to me or not.
Disable any cache plugin you have and try again, if this not work then email the support team at support@alidropship.com

the_lyall

This kinda makes sense that it doesn't work, as AliDropship uses the attribute name in AliExpress to set the attribute name in WooCommerce, and then the variations are created from the attribute. If there is no name in AliExpress then it won't work in WooCommerce. Out of curiosity, if you change it to a variable product in WooCommerce are the variations there? I don't think they would be but worth checking.

I think the issue here is an incorrect listing on AliExpress - whether it's on purpose or caused by an error, there should always (I believe) be a name where you've pointed out there isn't one. It's an interesting one, I haven't seen a product like that on AliExpress before.