Niche vs general store

jtbo

Hi,

It’s an massive attack of advertisement lately from Adrian Morrison and Gabriel Beltran claiming that general stores are a more profitable stores than niche stores. I notice also that Mr Kingpin’s (in this forum) latest success is a general store.

Do you guys have any view on this? Have anyone of you bought into these relatively expensive trainings?

Andre M

General can be profitable or not depends on very factors
Niche store is is a good niche you can get profitble because the customers buy love the niche

Mar

Hi,

It’s an massive attack of advertisement lately from Adrian Morrison and Gabriel Beltran claiming that general stores are a more profitable stores than niche stores. I notice also that Mr Kingpin’s (in this forum) latest success is a general store.

Do you guys have any view on this? Have anyone of you bought into these relatively expensive trainings?
Why would you restrict your store to a niche when you can sell everything? I don't see a reason why a buyer would not buy in your store because the products are not related to each other. You just need to market the product you have.

Tablazines

Let me out it this way..
I used to dj in New York. There were mom and pop stores that used to specialize in DJ's and dj equipment. Then of course there were the larger stores that also sold the same stuff ie: FYE etc.

The difference is.. If I was looking for a record that I didn't know the name of.... Chances are I could walk into the the mom and pop... Humm a few bars and the person would know exactly what I'm looking for. Never happened in the larger stores.

So it boils down to really knowing your niche and being able to understand and really provide a service that your customer is looking for as opposed to just selling everything with know real knowledge of what it is you sell.

I choose a niche.... Everything on my site from my blog to my videos etc is geared toward my niche and if a customer came to my site and your general store seeking something that appeared in episode 129, chances are that I'm going to know and you won't.

You can have success in either kind of store if you have the passion and hard work. I personally just prefer to focus on a niche that I'm very knowledgeable in and can provide the best service in.

Mar

My first sale was a DIY tool, next is some beauty products, then a pair of shoes then some kitchen tools, etc. They are not related to each other like a niche should. If my store is restricted to a niche, I might sell the pair of shoes or the DIY tool but not booth. It really boil down on how you market your products. When a buyer inquired about a brand of bicycle that didn't have a word bicycle on it, I searched it and quickly knew that it it was a bicycle.

Tablazines

That's cool and those of us who choose niches may not feel the need to want that sale.. Lowe's and Home Depot don't sell everything that Walmart does.. But all are successful

Mar

That's cool and those of us who choose niches may not feel the need to want that sale.. Lowe's and Home Depot don't sell everything that Walmart does.. But all are successful
AliExpress and many other stores are selling everything but no doubt they are successful.

Tablazines

So it all boils down to personal choice. What works for someone doesn't have to work for someone else. All that matters is that they're successful in the route they've chosen.

Mar

So it all boils down to personal choice. What works for someone doesn't have to work for someone else. All that matters is that they're successful in the route they've chosen.
That's right, it really depend on how the store is run. As I see it here in the forum, some members who are complaining of no sale is from both niche and general store.

Tablazines

A lot of what I see from these types of members are people who purchased a plugin and thought that if they built it people would come and they make a ton of money while not quite understanding the amount of work that goes into running a successful store. They don't realize that this isn't a get rich quick scheme and that if it was that easy everyone would do it. They're also the kind to give up or try to sell their stores which haven't made a dime. This isn't for everyone... It takes hard work and dedication.. Some have it... Some don't

Mar

A lot of what I see from these types of members are people who purchased a plugin and thought that if they built it people would come and they make a ton of money while not quite understanding the amount of work that goes into running a successful store. They don't realize that this isn't a get rich quick scheme and that if it was that easy everyone would do it. They're also the kind to give up or try to sell their stores which haven't made a dime. This isn't for everyone... It takes hard work and dedication.. Some have it... Some don't
Really, this need hard work and patience.

Zalzal

Hi, I have a question to asked. When you import product from Aliexpress, the price of product is markup in my web store when you change the price to sell for a profit.
But the problem here is that buyer can go to Aliexpress and check
the pricing. So if the price is cheaper in Aliexpress why would any buyer buy from my web store.
Unless the buyer do not know that they can go directly to Aliexpress to check the price.

Mar

Hi, I have a question to asked. When you import product from Aliexpress, the price of product is markup in my web store when you change the price to sell for a profit.
But the problem here is that buyer can go to Aliexpress and check
the pricing. So if the price is cheaper in Aliexpress why would any buyer buy from my web store.
Unless the buyer do not know that they can go directly to Aliexpress to check the price.
That is why you should remove any sign that your products are from AliExpress or not let people know that your store is AliExpress dropshipping. If people know that the same product is available in AliExpress they will buy it in AliExpress and there is nothing you can do.