New Pricing Formulation

Nello

I feel that we need a more comprehensive approach to pricing instead of a direct formula that we currently have.

- By Category (from our web site and not aliexpress).

We could have the price of the item set according to a formula we designate for a specific category. Maybe on electronics we could mark-up less than jewelry so this should be reflected in the final product.

- Considering the epacket price within the final (all-inclusive) price
If you notice, sellers offer a higher price when offering free epacket shipping. Therefore we lose when we discard cheaper alternatives when we "discard" items that come with a paid epacket option.

We could have an extra field in the database where the extension could save the epacket price so that adds it in the final price (maybe adding paypal fees)

- A more detailed "multioperation" formula say... " ((price * 1.2) + 3) * 1.05 ". This is easy to implement ;)
This formula could mean that first I markup 20 % than I add a fix 3 dollars (for whatever reason... epacket price variable maybe?) and then increase by 5% (maybe to cover paypal fees...)

In this case... even with changes happening on the item listed (they might change shipping option or whatever) it will be easily reflected in the final price upon updating the product.

and so on so forth.... the complexity of the operation could be really opening up lots of oppoortunities

By doing that we could have a wider range of items and offer a more granular and have a more aggressive approach to market.

Last edited: