New feature in Woo plugin "Order shipped notification"

chazm

before I update AliDropship plugin to 0.7 version I would like to know if I can disable this function, so customer doesn't get tracking number in Order Completed email? I don't really need this feature, so please let me know if I can disable it after update?

Jess

before I update AliDropship plugin to 0.7 version I would like to know if I can disable this function, so customer doesn't get tracking number in Order Completed email? I don't really need this feature, so please let me know if I can disable it after update?
That was my concern to as i already have this feature and was glad to see they have added the option toggle off or on.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
That was my concern to as i already have this feature and was glad to see they have added the option toggle off or on.

You can disable it in AliDropship Woo -> Settings -> General
upload_2017-10-12_10-26-2.png

1) Does the setting of the 'Order shipped notification' either enabled or disabled affect the retrieval of the tracking id?

2) is the tracking id fetched with cron as automated process in the background?

3) if tracking is fetched in background with cron, at what interval?

4) what if order is already set to 'completed' but it does not have a tracking id?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
1) Does the setting of the 'Order shipped notification' either enabled or disabled affect the retrieval of the tracking id?

4) what if order is already set to 'completed' but it does not have a tracking id?
1. No
2. Something like that
3. It collects Tracking IDs when you logged in your AliExpress Orders section and your Order in WP admin area.
4. Nothing happens

JorgeL

Hi Victoria,

Quick question about this functionality for Alidropship Woo version.

Anonymous451 said:

1. No
2. Something like that
3. It collects Tracking IDs when you logged in your AliExpress Orders section and your Order in WP admin area.
4. Nothing happens

In point 3 you said that: It collects Tracking IDs when you logged in your AliExpress Orders section and your Order in WP admin area.

I just checked and it really does that but I noticed that the order status remains in "processing", should not this change also the status order to "Completed" automatically?

Because what it is happening now is that once this is done by the plugin, we need to change the status to "Completed" manually and then the customer will receive another email as order completed again which is kind of confusing or looks like spam.

Or this is status will change by itself later?

Hope I have explained my self well enough.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi Victoria,

Quick question about this functionality for Alidropship Woo version.

In point 3 you said that: It collects Tracking IDs when you logged in your AliExpress Orders section and your Order in WP admin area.

I just checked and it really does that but I noticed that the order status remains in "processing", should not this change also the status order to "Completed" automatically?

Because what it is happening now is that once this is done by the plugin, we need to change the status to "Completed" manually and then the customer will receive another email as order completed again which is kind of confusing or looks like spam.

Or this is status will change by itself later?

Hope I have explained my self well enough.
AliDropship Woo plugin doesn't interfere at status changing . This is WooCommerce option: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/managing-orders/

JorgeL

I know how to manage Woocommerce but I am still learning about Alidropship plugin for Woo.

So it looks like it is just better to turn off this feature and get the tracking ID manually from the WordPress Dashboard and then just change the status to "completed", in this way the customer doesn't receive an email about the order "completed" twice!.

The only reason I would use this feature would be if I have more than 40 orders and I need to get the tracking ID for all of them at once and really quick. Otherwise, It will be really confusing to have alll the orders completed but the status in "processing".