Need help with Frida Theme sub categories.

Sai Teja

Hi legends, hope everyone is doing great.
Iam new here and need some help with Frida theme( alidropship plug-in).

In the Frida theme, it says it doesn’t shows the Sub categories. It only shows parent categories.

but since my store has great inventory, I will need the sub categories to be shown.
Anybody can help me with the custom CSS ? If possible ?? Thankyou.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

chris37

In the Frida theme, it says it doesn’t shows the Sub categories. It only shows parent categories.

but since my store has great inventory, I will need the sub categories to be shown.

Hi @Sai Teja Can you give more details with a screenshot of what exactly are you looking to achieve?

Sai Teja

Hi @Sai Teja Can you give more details with a screenshot of what exactly are you looking to achieve?
Hi @chris37 thankyou for the reply.
Yes sure, so when I open the Frida alidropship theme.
And click the menu, it’s showing me the parent categories. But not the sub categories.
I want to know if we can add the sub categories through additional CSS code.

checkout the Frida theme : https://frida.alidropship.com/

Attachments

• B7CB7908-CFEE-4DA4-B75D-428442D993F5.png
    B7CB7908-CFEE-4DA4-B75D-428442D993F5.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 3

chris37

Hi @chris37 thankyou for the reply.
Yes sure, so when I open the Frida alidropship theme.
And click the menu, it’s showing me the parent categories. But not the sub categories.
I want to know if we can add the sub categories through additional CSS code.

checkout the Frida theme : https://frida.alidropship.com/
Hello again,

You are a little bit confused about how CSS work, lol :rolleyes:

Your theme doesn't allow this functionality. You need to completely change the theme code and not just any CSS. Considering changing the theme. Frida is built with the idea is the mind that will be for small websites with very few categories. That is the reason is that way.

Regard
Chris

Sai Teja

Umm yeah iam a little new to wordpress.

thanks for the reply though :)
Yeah will change back to previous theme.

timjohnson2584

but since my store has great inventory, I will need 최근 뉴토끼 주소 the sub categories to be shown.

If you need assistance with setting up sub-categories in the Frida Theme for your website, here are some general steps you can follow:

1. Access the Theme Customizer: Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to "Appearance" > "Customize" to access the theme customizer.
  2. Explore the Frida Theme Options: Look for the theme-specific options within the customizer. Themes often have their own dedicated sections for customization. In the case of the Frida Theme, the options may be located under "Theme Options" or a similar heading.
  3. Find the Category Settings: Within the Frida Theme options, look for settings related to categories or post layouts. This is where you can configure the sub-category functionality.
  4. Enable Sub-Categories: If the Frida Theme supports sub-categories out of the box, there may be an option to enable them. Toggle the setting to enable sub-categories for your website.
  5. Create Sub-Categories: After enabling sub-categories, navigate to "Posts" > "Categories" in your WordPress dashboard. Here, you can create new categories and designate them as sub-categories by assigning a parent category. Set the appropriate parent category for each sub-category you want to create.
  6. Assign Posts to Sub-Categories: Edit each post and assign the relevant sub-category to it. You can do this by checking the corresponding sub-category in the category section of the post editor.
  7. Customize Sub-Category Display: Return to the theme customizer and explore the options related to sub-category display. Depending on the Frida Theme's capabilities, you may have settings to control the layout, styling, or placement of sub-categories on your website.
  8. Save and Preview Changes: After making any changes or adjustments, save your settings in the customizer. Preview your website to see how the sub-categories are displayed and ensure they function as expected.