my website is not mine fully

firdaus

hye...im doing this dropship business from malaysia.. i havent heard of alidropship before and a guy introduce me to this dropship business but i did not get total control of my own website because he is the one creating all of our account. my guess is he wants to make a recurring money from hosting etc every year from us. but my problem is that i could risk losing my website domain name if anything happen to him. i have spent a lot for this website and everything

firdaus

DO you have all the credential for domain and hosting?
that is the problem, i am totally new in this ecommerce business so i dont really know what credential i need to have but i know the person does not provide me with everything because i cant access my cpanel( know this after watching youtube)

choy8433h

you need both of the credential only you can migrate to others hosting when it going to expired. how you edit your website and upload all the products ?

JohnSmith

how do i ask for my website back

Not to be rude but have you tried opening your mouth and ask?

I cannot see the logic of asking here instead of the only person in the world you should actually be asking.

If the domain and Alidropship license is registered using your email then they're yours.

Check here in case it's not private. Enter your domain name. https://www.whois.com/whois/

If your website is still new and not making money and if he don't wanna give it to you I think it's safe to say you can forget about getting it later when it's making money.

If you can't get it back better to start over buying your own domain and Alidropship license. Good luck.

firdaus

you need both of the credential only you can migrate to others hosting when it going to expired. how you edit your website and upload all the products ?
i edit my website only through wordpress admin site. what do you mean by both credential?

firdaus

Not to be rude but have you tried opening your mouth and ask?

I cannot see the logic of asking here instead of the only person in the world you should actually be asking.

If the domain and Alidropship license is registered using your email then they're yours.

Check here in case it's not private. Enter your domain name. https://www.whois.com/whois/

If your website is still new and not making money and if he don't wanna give it to you I think it's safe to say you can forget about getting it later when it's making money.

If you can't get it back better to start over buying your own domain and Alidropship license. Good luck.
no bro. you're not rude at all. i could try asking him but i know it wont be a pleasant conversation and because i understand the risk about losing the website after it makes money that i am trying to find a solution for this the quiet way first. my last option would be to confront him. i dont really he is a bad person to take that website when it makes money. but i think he wants to make money from hosting every year with us.

choy8433h

is better to settle the problem first before you drag longer time. i know you put a lot of afford on the website, but once you dont have the full owner, means you can loose it anytime. maybe you can keep your own WP credential. backup everything for the website. worst case, you can migrate to other domain and hosting which is belongs to you. good luck bro.

firdaus

is better to settle the problem first before you drag longer time. i know you put a lot of afford on the website, but once you dont have the full owner, means you can loose it anytime. maybe you can keep your own WP credential. backup everything for the website. worst case, you can migrate to other domain and hosting which is belongs to you. good luck bro.
would like to know about the credential u talked about just now that i need to have in order to make that website fully mine

choy8433h

impossible to fully own by you if you dont have the domain and hosing credential. the most important was the Domain, which is your website. for the WP, i means you need to backup and make sure you only have the credential, else you will loose everything.

JohnSmith

Tell us what you have access to. Besides wordpress login and password.

If he's the one buying the ali plugin he could be reading this lol.

Escape

Firdaus,

The main issue to determine is whether the domain registered under your name and do you own it?
Hosting issue is secondary, as you can always migrate your assets out.

Do you have access to the FTP?
But regardless there are ways to backup your website and database without going through Cpanel.

Also, how much is he charging you for the hosting?
And what specs?

firdaus

thanx all for your replies...i dont know much about e commerce but after i studied a little bit about this thing only that i know the risk that i have to take. maybe that guy have a good intention to help us but i think my domain is registered under his name because if i check on whois, that guy's email is there

Escape

Firdaus,

Is his name under the Registrant Code/Contact too?
Get hold of your own domain, request that from him. Even more so, if you paid for it.
If he is ethical, then he should give it to you.
Transfer the domain over.