My Path To Develop a Top Brand

Hello,
I hope you're very well.

Let me introduce myself: My name is Luis Barrios, i'm physician but i love technologies. I've involved with CPA marketing, SEO and all that crazy stuff we do as a entrepreneur.

This is not my first time with ecommerce, i had a shopify store and i made my first sales with Facebook ads (i have skill with it) but the niche doesn't liked too much "Pillows" so i sold the store on Flippa. This was around March, after that i drop all about it and i concentrated in other projects.

Around July i decided to take this more serious, i saw the potential and:
  • I bought a domain for my brand, short one, only 6 letters
  • i Hired a designer for my logo
  • I bought a the AliDropship licence
  • I hired a programmer for the SSL installation
  • I talked with several provider to put my logo on their products
  • I set up Paypal as a payment processor
Now i'm in the process of uploading products with brand images, two a day, it takes time.

My plan to promote the brand: Facebook ads and Instagram ads + shotouts

I'll start when i have at least 50 products and i'm seeing as a long term project. Rome wasn't built in a day

I plan to update the thread when important things happened or when i do critical movements. Wish me success

PD: english is not my first language!

kingpin

All the best

BTW you dont need a programmer for SSL installation. Simply raise a support ticket and your hosting provider will do the same for u for free.

Letsencrypt SSL is free

BTW you dont need a programmer for SSL installation.
Letsencrypt SSL is free

Hey @kingpin thanks for the wishes and for stopping by.

Well i'm using fiverr to hire people (all is already done), so for 5 bucks is not too much and i'm using linode, their support is not too much friendly but works perfect for me.

Regards :cool:

larrysy

So, you're using a VPS. It's relatively expensive. I use a shared hosting plan at $5.95/mo and very happy with it. I have been using it for the past 15 years for my other website.

I found another site for testing which might be more useful as it gives suggestions on how to improve your site speed - https://tools.pingdom.com

I got an 88 B rating - don't know what that means but seems good.

larrysy

Thanks for the link. I only got an E 53% score. I'm doing my first e-commerce store, so probably have to upgrade sooner or later.

My host has a VPS plan of 4 CPU/8GB ram/200GB space/3.5TB transfer for $180/month - I don't know if I will ever need that kind of power.

larrysy

Thanks for the tip. I guess I could start with the $5 month plan if I move (almost equivalent to my plan now). I'm only using a fraction of my plan (and it's already the end of the month).

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 10.59.44 AM.png

larrysy

I have been using gtmetrix as you suggested and have been tweaking my website. It's more than just the hosting as I originally thought. I tried various plugins but the one which works for me is W3 Total Cache. I was able to cut down my loading speed using this plugin + cloudflare + a trial CDN by about 5 secs.