My Dropshipping Journey

merten

Let me introduce me myself to you.
I'm from The Netherlands. Doing internet marketing since 2013. Have done different things/money making methods before this. As for now this is resulting me in my biggest ROI so I will put most of my time/effort in this dropshipping world.

Here I discuss my journey which is going on now for about 6/7 months. (the alidropship plugin side of it)

I was one of the lucky guys who beta test the alidropship plugin 6 months ago. I was doing dropshipping already before this on other marketplaces and earn nice $$$$ there the last few years. However i'm doing this parttime besides my full time job.

I have currently 20 websites where 5 are dropshipping sites (not all with this plugin) where 1 site is making good profit, and 2 others are starting now. I have 1 which I have to change niche as there are no sales after a few months. Some of these have good keywords which are on page 1 already. however these keywords are low/mid competition and have 500-1000 searches per month. However we are talking about niches here so they are targeted.

Also I have ranked a dropship site in another country for a specific nice which ranks on number 2 on google now. This is with woocommmerce btw but have social rabbit plugin installed and doing its job. Funny as this site is only 6 months old and have outranked many of old websites in that country. This is however a tier 3 country. Which is resulting me in checking emails to much. Tier 3 countries are not so into internet shopping. They are not familiair with it and they believe that 99% out there is a scammer. They send you 10 messages asking about things, then orders keep out.

My best site is made on August. (will not share this niche/site) First sale 90usd was on August 31. Then in October again small orders. Then in November it started to grow and in December alot compared to before. The last 5 days I have more than 5 orders (as we speak). Most orders are within 30-70usd range. However I had one guy who was talking to me and said he has a cart filled with 75 products. (order value 1600USD). Then he found out that the products are coming from China. I knew he was right as I checked his Facebook profile and he posted pictures of my website there with lot's of products in his cart.

I'm still seeing a lot of customers with filled carts (sometimes 15 items order value 300usd) who just leave my website. I see this in the Smartlook live view. Just added a new payment CC processor (Stripe). See how it goes.

Here you can see the last few days:
uRzbde8.png

My payment getaway was so far paypal only. I have added stripe today. Let's see if it results in more orders.
Also I have an adwords campaign running right now for 20USD a day for 1 week.

My traffic for the last 30 days. ( i just started with paid traffic since today)
Most visitors are from USA/UK/AU. Then some Tier 2/3 countries which have higher bounce rate.
bOfbBM8.png

My other website which I made a few months ago has a few orders only but then it's still having it's ROI. I'm not doing anything here on this site as I'm working on my main site, and other projects. It's just sitting and getting some organic traffic. I Had 1 paid fb ads campaign which results me in paying 0,0035$ per page like. (tier 2 / 3 only).
However they are not converting, but giving some reach and trust.

I have another site which is just live for 3 weeks. (will not share this site yet)
It has good traffic already from only non paid traffic. ( will do adwords later next month)
About 30-60 per day.

Things I do:

Basic stuff logo etc
Adding products up to 300
New title/slug
SEO article on page
Social Media accounts + social rabbit plugin ( posting 1 product/picture per day)
Posting manually in my social media accounts sometimes which gives me higher reach and engagement
Posting to FB groups

I will post more once I have updates.

Last edited:

merten

Not really. In the future I can add specific keywords for every product posted for long tail traffic.

merten

Update:

last 3 days not so good as before. 1 sale with nice profit.

My adwords campaign is working getting clicks. However 0 sales. It's still on testing and budget is 10USD a day now.
Total keywords around 150.

My sites are getting indexed by now. My organic traffic is increasing and the bouncerate for this traffic is low (33%)

caroline

Hi merten, happy new year to you. I am new to dropshipping I have one website that has a variety of niches on it I am really stuck with a couple of things i have paypal only for payment so i am not sure if this would put customers and still learning about how to advertise my products on social media, i have just opened an account with instagram do you advertise your products on there? and if so how?:)

merten

I'm promoting my products there and somethimes i just posted some pictures with title.

Update:
Adwords spend 50USD
Orders 0
Time to tweak some stuff but CTR is very high around 8-15%.
Have disabled the highest cpc keywords to reduce the cost. Currently using 5/6usd per day out of 20 budget.

A few little sales so far in the lower segment for all of my sites. However my new site have already 2 orders. This site is now 1 month live.

Finally after 1 month contacting on IG big accs I got 1 reply for a shoutout. He offers me 3 shoutouts for 30usd per month, or 7 for 50usd. His acc has 55k followers.
Going to try 3 first then see how it goes.

Last edited:

merten

Im using the social rabbit plugin, and massplanner. Looking for relevant pages and follow their followers. Also post relevant images + text with it .If your audience is commenting (no bots) then you know there is a market for it.

Direct Webstore

My best site is made on August. (will not share this niche/site) First sale 90usd was on August 31. Then in October again small orders. Then in November it started to grow and in December alot compared to before.

Did it start to grow in November and December because it's around Christmas time and everyone are buying gifts ... or for other reasons?

merten

I have used FB ads before which gave me low cost page likes. However 0 sales. My other site have a google adwords campaign running. Have spend 150USD now and gives me 2 sales. Profit 10USD. I'm still tweaking it bit but going to do google shopping now. Will see how this works out. Some keywords I use are over 1,5USD and sometimes it eats my daily budget (10-20USD).

Also I have bought some shoutouts on IG. Give some likes but no sales linked to them.

After all still having some sales, mostly just from FB and organic traffic.

merten

As for now all my stores are making sales and profit now. Which was a milestone for me. My best day had almost 300usd with 50% profit. This was also a milestone for me and never archived this with online marketing. Before I was stuck at max 20USD per day with dropshipping etc.

I have stopped my google adwords campaign. Good CTR and average CPC 0,8 but only 2 sales and spending about 150usd for the campaign and 250usd for a freelancer who did research and setting it up, test, adjust etc.
I'm doing google shopping now for 5usd a day. lets try this.

I'm getting many subscribers for my email list. Since I have a popup on my website I gained 60 subscribers now within 1 week.
Will build a newsletter with products and promos soon and send my first marketing email.

I'm also looking for new niches and doing research.