My Dropshipping Journey - Girl's Fashion Dropship Store

wiguan

Around December 2016
Was stalking Yaros at some underground forum. lol
I read all, the more than 100 pages thread because that's exactly what I wanted to do.
But during this time around, I'm broke as fck and can't even afford a domain name.
So I put this idea aside and try to make some short fast cash first.

Around April 2017
Because I joined the Alidropship email newsletter, I got notified about the discount rates.
I've forgotten how much, either 15% or 30%.
So I quickly try to checkout but I couldn't.
Quite desperate to get it at that cheap price, I actually contact the support to manually open a Paypal payment request with that discounted amount. lol
But I can't pay it still, because there's something wrong with my card and I can't resolve it until I'm back to my home country.
At this moment, I'm on short work trip.

Mid May 2017
Back to my home country and settled the payment for the plugin, still at that discounted price even though if you use the coupon code, it's already expired. Thanks for that.

May - June 2017
Finally, someone appreciate my portfolio and I'm hired full time in some start up company.
Pay is not bad but I have to move from my hometown to capital of my country.
Right now, I'm based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Early July 2017
FINALLY!
My time is stable again.
Now, I do have this things called "weekend" again.
It's hard to be unemployed and depends on freelance work alone.
Thus why, the urge to have this side business is getting stronger.

And I think the niche that I choose, is something I will have passion in.
So, I'll try with this one and scale on later.
The only thing that I'm worried is the marketing parts, SEO and social media.
I'm not good at driving traffics to a website.

9th July 2017
I choose a sub culture fashion for girls niche.

When I check Aliexpress, there's a lot of items that can fit that niche criteria.

I bought a domain name, and a server long ago when I purchase the plugin but just let it empty.

Finished setting up the shop with Aliplugin the normal version.

Use Mailgun, and all api connection like Google, Facebook, Twitter, were also successfully established.

At first, I was tempted to use the Woocommerce version but then, I changed my mind because I'm not very familiar even with the normal version or Woocommerce to begin with.

So it's better to just use the normal version of Aliplugin which have all the necessary feature to start making money.

I tried importing 10 products first and put it into import list.

I then manually edit the item description and remove what is not suppose to be there, like links to Aliexpress other items, etc.
I then manually published them.

It looks good so far, I'm happy.

After this, I plan to read more on the marketing guides and really hope things works as it intended.
And since I have some budget now, that I got from my day job salary, I think I also can have some decent amount for marketing.

I post this thread for a challenge and motivation to myself.

Thanks, Yaros for such a great software.
You could keep it for yourself but you didn't.

Last edited:

aarcivil

Hey, mate. Great journey, keep us update.

Now, I am also gathering some valuable information from this forum and blog. Step by step how to build my dropshipping empire, I write it down in a resume. If you want to read it too, I would be glad to share with you. But unfortunately, the resume is in Bahasa.

wiguan

all the best mate. will be following your story! keep us updated!

Thanks mate. You too.

Hey, mate. Great journey, keep us update.

Now, I am also gathering some valuable information from this forum and blog. Step by step how to build my dropshipping empire, I write it down in a resume. If you want to read it too, I would be glad to share with you. But unfortunately, the resume is in Bahasa.

Would love to read that, yeah I am fluent and natively understand Bahasa. :D
So you're Malaysian too?
Maybe we can hangout? haha

Your journey is also one of my knowledge resources. Haha
Thanks for sharing, and thanks for dropping by.
Hope to learn from you more. :)

wiguan

Today, I manage to publish several products.
It's quite a slow progress.

I have 15 products all together now.
Maybe I'm being perfectionist?
That's making me slow.

What I did actually, I proof read every products before publishing it.
The English is terrible and hard to understand, I have to fix that.

I also started an instagram account, and post pictures of my products there. Look like something like this, with hashtags of my niche.

My main keyword is "sweet lolita fashion" and my domain have all the keywords in it.

I haven't ranked yet and don't know my position now even.

The photo of something like this. Cute girls, cute skirts and dress.

Capture.JPG

Oh my, I'm actually enjoying pretending to be girls. lol

Read about Social Rabbit, I don't have any other marketing tools actually right now.

All white hat stuffs.

I use WordPress maintenance plugin to prevent accidental shoppers from buying.
But I can see the shop as if it's public.

natezilla

Today, I manage to publish several products.
It's quite a slow progress.

I have 15 products all together now.
Maybe I'm being perfectionist?
That's making me slow.

What I did actually, I proof read every products before publishing it.
The English is terrible and hard to understand, I have to fix that.

I also started an instagram account, and post pictures of my products there. Look like something like this, with hashtags of my niche.

My main keyword is "sweet lolita fashion" and my domain have all the keywords in it.

I haven't ranked yet and don't know my position now even.

The photo of something like this. Cute girls, cute skirts and dress.

View attachment 942

Oh my, I'm actually enjoying pretending to be girls. lol

Read about Social Rabbit, I don't have any other marketing tools actually right now.

All white hat stuffs.

I use WordPress maintenance plugin to prevent accidental shoppers from buying.
But I can see the shop as if it's public.
I'm actually creating a store based around women's fashion myself but with a different sub-niche. I think that having the IG account be a girl is a good idea, they seem to get more traffic. What are you using for a payment gateway? I have paypal (not business account yet) so I feel it's not professional, and haven't taken my site off of coming soon mode because of it.
Following this thread. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you bro!

wiguan

I'm actually creating a store based around women's fashion myself but with a different sub-niche. I think that having the IG account be a girl is a good idea, they seem to get more traffic. What are you using for a payment gateway? I have paypal (not business account yet) so I feel it's not professional, and haven't taken my site off of coming soon mode because of it.
Following this thread. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you bro!

I use a personal premier account.
It's also a non-business account.
But what I did is I created sales@storedomain.com and add it to my Paypal account and set the store to use that email instead of the primary personal email account that attached to Paypal.

So far only have 1 followers but every post will have several likes and some comments.

Will keep this organic method until this end of month and planning to get Social Rabbit soon.

Don James

Wow, nice to see you around then. :D
Hi Wiguan

I am from Malaysia too but staying in Singapore. Alidropship is really a great platform to start off
Here in this FORUM there many people that are willing to share their journey like Kingpin , Moussdog , dmickoh , Light and many more.

It is a slow journey and worth it . I am not there yet but daily doing my best posting on facebook, twitter and instagram.
Patience and persistence definitely will bring propersity.
Keep going ....

Hi firewallgt nice to have same country people here

Don James

Finally, I'm back.

Now with more solitude goal to achieve success.

Alright, first of all I'm still at ZERO sales. But that doesn't mean bad thing. People start with zero.

I've read Moussdog thread until finished and decide to twist his experience a little.

I don't have cash money right now to pay for shout out but I think if I do have I will be able to actually select which account worth spending money for the shoutout.

I have a Facebook Ads account that billed me after 30 days of usage.
My friend told me that his ad account is prepaid.
Meaning, he have to pay first before he can create ads set.
While me, I can create as many ads I can and then I'll be billed at the end of the month.
I'm not sure why is this but I'm going to leverage this opportunity to use Facebook ads to bring traffic to my online shop.

As of now, I've setup 4 ads set that only put placement on Instagram.
I think it will be a little bit more or less paying the shout out, but we'll see.
Or you guys already have experience for this?

Another 4 ads set is running on all placement, Facebook, Instagram, etc.

So far, here's my status.

Sales: $0.00
Traffic This Month: 56
Products: 20
Instagram followers: 63
Facebook Likes: 1 (ME!)
Hi
As you said everyone started from zero. Definitely you time will come and more sales flowing in. Keep doing

zefron

Around December 2016
Was stalking Yaros at some underground forum. lol
I read all, the more than 100 pages thread because that's exactly what I wanted to do.
But during this time around, I'm broke as fck and can't even afford a domain name.
So I put this idea aside and try to make some short fast cash first.

Around April 2017
Because I joined the Alidropship email newsletter, I got notified about the discount rates.
I've forgotten how much, either 15% or 30%.
So I quickly try to checkout but I couldn't.
Quite desperate to get it at that cheap price, I actually contact the support to manually open a Paypal payment request with that discounted amount. lol
But I can't pay it still, because there's something wrong with my card and I can't resolve it until I'm back to my home country.
At this moment, I'm on short work trip.

Mid May 2017
Back to my home country and settled the payment for the plugin, still at that discounted price even though if you use the coupon code, it's already expired. Thanks for that.

May - June 2017
Finally, someone appreciate my portfolio and I'm hired full time in some start up company.
Pay is not bad but I have to move from my hometown to capital of my country.
Right now, I'm based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Early July 2017
FINALLY!
My time is stable again.
Now, I do have this things called "weekend" again.
It's hard to be unemployed and depends on freelance work alone.
Thus why, the urge to have this side business is getting stronger.

And I think the niche that I choose, is something I will have passion in.
So, I'll try with this one and scale on later.
The only thing that I'm worried is the marketing parts, SEO and social media.
I'm not good at driving traffics to a website.

9th July 2017
I choose a sub culture fashion for girls niche.

When I check Aliexpress, there's a lot of items that can fit that niche criteria.

I bought a domain name, and a server long ago when I purchase the plugin but just let it empty.

Finished setting up the shop with Aliplugin the normal version.

Use Mailgun, and all api connection like Google, Facebook, Twitter, were also successfully established.

At first, I was tempted to use the Woocommerce version but then, I changed my mind because I'm not very familiar even with the normal version or Woocommerce to begin with.

So it's better to just use the normal version of Aliplugin which have all the necessary feature to start making money.

I tried importing 10 products first and put it into import list.

I then manually edit the item description and remove what is not suppose to be there, like links to Aliexpress other items, etc.
I then manually published them.

It looks good so far, I'm happy.

After this, I plan to read more on the marketing guides and really hope things works as it intended.
And since I have some budget now, that I got from my day job salary, I think I also can have some decent amount for marketing.

I post this thread for a challenge and motivation to myself.

Thanks, Yaros for such a great software.
You could keep it for yourself but you didn't.

===========================================================================================

Very Impressed with your honest narrative! I am also along the same lines, I am starting a general fashion store for all apperals, in the process of constructing my store. If you want any kind of technical help i would suggest try fiverr.com there you can hire people for a very cost effective price. I am using a freelancer to design my woo commerce store. All the best!