Must for All International Dropshippers: Both Text + Image for Product Variations

Kashfah Ambrin

First of all, let me applaud Alidropship team for giving this reasonable feature of showing variations as text or image. I am sure most of us go with Image option for variations. However, this OR option is not sufficient for many cases. One great example being products with different plug types, say US plug/ EU plug. Like wise there are umpteen products like left/right hand options where we cannot convey the variation with just image, so displaying variation text also become must.

I request Alidropship team to consider this. Seems like a small enhancement to me.

Example left/right hand variation product: https://geartug.com/product/chyi-wireless-ergonomic-vertical-mouse-with-right-left-hand-options/

Attachments

• IMG_20190623_220153.jpg
    IMG_20190623_220153.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20190623_220237.jpg
    IMG_20190623_220237.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 29

Direct Webstore

The Alidropship plugin has no control over how the individual Aliexpress sellers have their Variations setup. Every seller is different. Whatever way they have set them up, that's how the plugin will import them.

You can, of course, edit the variation names/pics to whatever you want manually on a product by product basis. This has been discussed many, many times in this forum. The search box above will reveal all if you wish to use it.

:)

Kashfah Ambrin

The Alidropship plugin has no control over how the individual Aliexpress sellers have their Variations setup. Every seller is different. Whatever way they have set them up, that's how the plugin will import them.

You can, of course, edit the variation names/pics to whatever you want manually on a product by product basis. This has been discussed many, many times in this forum. The search box above will reveal all if you wish to use it.

:)
Hey, thanks for the reply. The concern is not about a product or its variations. The simple ask is to an option to display both Text+Image when user selects a variation.

Direct Webstore

Kashfah Ambrin

What you want is not controlled by the AliWoo plugin. It's controlled by Woocommerce itself. (via the Aliexpress sellers, as mentioned above)

I don't bother with it myself so I can't say offhand which Woo plugin does it, but try this Google search if no one pops up here with an answer.

Thanks again for the reply - In this case, variations are controlled by Alidropship plugin and its options are as I mentioned in original post. Yes there are few options available via other plugins and trust me I have tried most of them but they not only make the website heavy, but also don't quite give effective results.

chris37

Hi , don't complicate the things.Just edit the picture with any photo editor or the alidropship editor .. write in the picture right or left

Direct Webstore

In this case, variations are controlled by Alidropship plugin and its options are as I mentioned in original post.
Yes, but unlike the Original plugin which is a shopping cart plugin in its own right, the Alidropship Woo plugin is just an add on to for an existing shopping cart ... i.e, Woocommerce, so the Alidropship Woo's settings are limited. That's why you need to use Woocommerce compatible plugins to achieve any extra functions you require. Not everyone has the same needs. You can't build in everything. That's why Wordpress, Woocommerce etc is a modular system. Not an "all in one" system.

Yeah. I know it's a simple little thing and fair enough for a suggestion, so I hope you get it. Three years ago when I was using the Original plugin, I made a suggestion for an Original plugin compatible Newsletter add-on that could add products (as well as blogs). I'm still waiting. lol ;)

So your chances are low, but if you REALLY want this, get a Woocoomerce freelancer developer to come up with a light solution. It shouldn't cost that much ... bit of code in the functions.php file maybe. Actually, I'd Google up on doing that yourself if I was you.

Kashfah Ambrin

Yes, but unlike the Original plugin which is a shopping cart plugin in its own right, the Alidropship Woo plugin is just an add on to for an existing shopping cart ... i.e, Woocommerce, so the Alidropship Woo's settings are limited. That's why you need to use Woocommerce compatible plugins to achieve any extra functions you require. Not everyone has the same needs. You can't build in everything. That's why Wordpress, Woocommerce etc is a modular system. Not an "all in one" system.

Yeah. I know it's a simple little thing and fair enough for a suggestion, so I hope you get it. Three years ago when I was using the Original plugin, I made a suggestion for an Original plugin compatible Newsletter add-on that could add products (as well as blogs). I'm still waiting. lol ;)
So your chances are low, but if you REALLY want this, get a Woocoomerce freelancer developer to come up with a light solution. It shouldn't cost that much ... bit of code in the functions.php file maybe. Actually, I'd Google up on doing that yourself if I was you.

LOL. Going by the statistics of suggestion churned into features, yes it may be less likely that ADS team may heed to my suggestions. But given it could be really simple thing to achieve I can still hope. And yes, I have been doing a lot of customization myself so far. I have gone to the extent of ripping apart woocommerce itself. Too bad ADS doesnt share their original js files in the plugin, otherwise I would have done it myself.

Kashfah Ambrin

You are asking too much, something that is not possible. Do you really think that what you want is what everybody want also?
Everyone may not want what I need. But the feature I am asking for is there not new in Aliexpress. Its been there since ages. Let me also post the setting screenshot of the plugin where it gives the option of theme offered/ only image (default)/ text / color swatches/ round variations. And like I did in the original post, I really feel the offered options by ADS plugin are pretty neat. All I am requesting is to extend this to both Image+Text option. That's it.

Attachments

• ADS-Variations-Options.JPG
    ADS-Variations-Options.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 13

mdsims

Everyone may not want what I need. But the feature I am asking for is there not new in Aliexpress. Its been there since ages. Let me also post the setting screenshot of the plugin where it gives the option of theme offered/ only image (default)/ text / color swatches/ round variations. And like I did in the original post, I really feel the offered options by ADS plugin are pretty neat. All I am requesting is to extend this to both Image+Text option. That's it.

I totally agree. This is a no-brainer feature that greatly improves user experience. If someone has a code snippet to make this work - please do post it.

* I realize this is an old post, but I've been trying to figure out the same thing to no avail.

chris37

I realize this is an old post, but I've been trying to figure out the same thing to no avail.
Yes is very old..and if you really were alidropship user and not a spam forum user (I guest :)) should know that they have already fix that . (In then own themes)

mdsims

haha, no spam here just a new member. I see the feature in the themes. Any chance someone knows how to add without a theme? Perhaps a code snippet?