Michelangelo theme Not responsive on mobile

Arnaldo

Yup, that sucks a lot. I don't know if Jarvee like tools can overcome this but not ready to pay for this now.

Last thing, I guess you had your Social Rabbit license when you bought Alidropship right?

The one at 69$? But it says it's valid only for one site. I thought 1 license = 5 site max.

You shouldn't be the one I ask this question obviously but anyway it might help. I hesitated to buy it.

Doug

THEME:

Flatsome PAID. I plan to use also Elementor Pro in the Next future, their new pro version has WC page builder....

Hi @Arnaldo what do you mean WC page builder?

I do have Elementor Pro license (second year using) which I use to build websites and this plugin is the best for sure!
But how can we use it to build something with woo, what is your idea?

I really hope Elementor team get into the e-commerce business.

Direct Webstore

But how can we use it to build something with woo
I'd imagine he uses it to make landing pages for special offers and single product promotions. (Like the Single Product plugin for the Original Alidropship) At least, that's what I'd use it for with Woocommerce. :)

Arnaldo

Hi @Arnaldo what do you mean WC page builder?

I do have Elementor Pro license (second year using) which I use to build websites and this plugin is the best for sure!
But how can we use it to build something with woo, what is your idea?

I really hope Elementor team get into the e-commerce business.

Hi @Doug. Like @Direct Webstore said I use 2 page builders using 2 separate wordpress installs.

1) On main Woocommerce (WC) site, I use UX page builder that is included with Flatsome theme. Really great page builder for fast site building.

2) I install a 2nd Wordpress site in a subfolder of main site for all landing pages and special offers I'll promote to social networks.
see: https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-install-wordpress-in-a-subdirectory-step-by-step/
On it I use no theme, just Elementor page builder, Thrive leads and social locker to build landing pages, same kind of landing page as with Clickfunnel, much cheaper, better looking.
The advantage is to not overweight main site with too much plugins.
Refer to @kingpin post "28000$ sales" to learn how to do it. (dropshipping journey section).

Direct Webstore

2) I install a 2nd Wordpress site in a subfolder of main site for all landing pages and special offers I'll promote to social networks.
see: https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-install-wordpress-in-a-subdirectory-step-by-step/
On it I use no theme, just Elementor page builder, Thrive leads and social locker to build landing pages, same kind of landing page as with Clickfunnel, much cheaper, better looking.
The advantage is to not overweight main site with too much plugins.
Refer to @kingpin post "28000$ sales" to learn how to do it. (dropshipping journey section).
Great idea! :)

Direct Webstore

I use 1 license and copy manually updates to my other sites to save some money.

1. How do you do that? Update the site with the licensed theme, copy the theme folder and overwrite the theme folders on the other sites?
2. Do you need to use the license key to install the theme on the the sites? Or do you just copy the whole theme folder into the wp-content/Themes directory?

Arnaldo

1. How do you do that? Update the site with the licensed theme, copy the theme folder and overwrite the theme folders on the other sites?
2. Do you need to use the license key to install the theme on the sites? Or do you just copy the whole theme folder into the wp-content/Themes directory?

For most products on Theme Forest / Codecanyon (Part of fellow Australian Company Envato - beautiful success story):

- You have 2 type of licenses: Individual and Agency. There's some blurry line about the Individual license.

- Most plugins and themes have LIFETIME update + 6 months of renewable support.
This pricing is maybe less profitable than other developer pricing since the rise of Shopify where now most Wordpress devs do only 1 year of update and support. Envato made enormous cash last fifteen years because developers were dependent on their platform.

For instance, If you install the same theme over and over (without entering license) you are (unofficially) allowed to do that because you don't bill any client with this, it is for your sole use and projects. If you bill clients, you should take Agency license. No the case here.

On the plugin side, most dev won't allow you to update their plugins if the license is not entered in the wp dashboard.

So what I do (that always worked so far) is to download each new updates, and install it via FTP manually after having renamed the old version of the plugins and theme. Ok, the only drawback is 20 seconds of interrupted service.... If you do this when your clients are sleeping, who cares?

I love Envato because of these lifetime updates. It is a clear investment but it worth it, they have great plugins there. Ok, I took some arrangements, but heck, at least I paid it! And I'm not rich enough to afford it. When the money will be there be sure I'll pay for it.

Funny examples of companies "changing sides" is WPLM, they did lifetime updates before now it's only 1 year of support.

To overcome this, now companies like Yoast (really costly but very good plugin) do a check of the site where the plugin is installed, you have to enter your license + register your domain name on your account on their server, so no turnaround.

So for all Envato plugins, this works, except for "Social Locker" plugin.

That's why I loved Wordpress in the beginning, clear pricing. Now every price is skyrocketing, not good.

I think Alidropship nailed it with their pricing, lifetime update, no piracy because of strong encryption. Perfect deal. Everyone is winning here.

Arnaldo

Yes, you need to set a template when using Elementor, I am not sure if they recommend twenty seventeen or Twenty Sixteen.

Or take Elementor's own theme from here: https://github.com/pojome/elementor-hello-theme

btw, great idea @Arnaldo ty!

By default, Twenty Seventeen is installed with a fresh Wp install.

But with Elementor, you can create blank templates yourself without relying on any theme.

Great for landing pages. The free version should be enough. Their pro version (which I'm lucky to have this year) is awesome with tons of new feature (Woocommerce designer).

So what works for me now is Woocommerce + Flatsome, And Elmentor for landing pages.

But theoretically, you could even do landing pages on the main site with Flatsome, their UX page builder is great too.

Use anything you have at your disposal, you can accomplish the same thing with what you have. Tools are just tools.

Arnaldo

Why do you have 2 security plugins (Cerber / Securi) and 2 email plugins (Mailchimp/Pepi)?

- Security: because I'm a security freak. Maybe too much, I admit it is a bit excessive.

- Email: Transactional/notifications : pepipost , Mailchimp: newsletters.

Arnaldo

Basically yes, I download directly from my theme forest/Code canyon account, rename old folder in Cpanel File explorer/FTP.
Then unzip the update directly in wp plugin folder.

Why this way? I don't know, maybe I case something goes wrong in the update process....

Like once I had a massive site fuckup after Woocommerce 3.1 update, for those who remembered lol

You know what, I didn't even try to remove the license from site 1 to paste it in site 2 for the update, chances are it can work too ;-)

I built locally and online 5 sites and used the same flatsome theme on all of them without any issue.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I don't encourage Piracy in any way at all. I encourage buying all the tools you financially can afford at the moment, use them, earn money with it and pay all additional licenses when you earn money, ok? Never use any cracked plugin at all. Buy it. Period.

Next time I will tell this in private what do you think @Direct Webstore. Most people don't even read the golden nuggets some users post here and there lol

Last edited:

Doug

Just want to share this video I am watching now, we can actually build much more using Elementor +Woo + Theme in the same WP installation.
Elementor have the widgets for woocommerce to add product, cart, product list.

So, it's just drag and drop to have the products in the page you building with elementor.