memcached?

zenxyuan

Hi,

We all know that Alidropship + any ali theme is infamous for breaking when setting up with the wrong cache plugin setting. However, I still see there is at least some option we can turn on to satisfy gtmetrix. See below:

Minify.JPG

My question is, which one? My hosting comes with memcached as well, will turning it own break the site? Like stopping Alidropship autoupdating scripts?

Direct Webstore

zenxyuan

I didn't know that.

Yea I did turn on "minify" option in the past and some random speed up settings with various plugins, and behold all hell breaks lose.

While waiting for a reply from a developer, I'd just back up my site and simply "try it" and see what happens.

As mentioned, i tried before, and it breaks the site, and we're back and forth with support@alidropship.com until they fixed it. It's very time consuming, and i dont want that to happen again and annoy them. So i wanna be careful what i switch on this time. Especially the memcached, sounds promising. Eager to hear what others think.

Direct Webstore

As mentioned, i tried before, and it breaks the site, and we're back and forth with support@alidropship.com until they fixed it. It's very time consuming
In future ... try contacting the offending plugin's support. In this case, the Cache plugin's Support. You may get faster results. Cache plugins and their minify settings are infamous for causing problems for many sites with all sorts of themes, not just Alidropship themes. Many Cache plugins even have warnings about it. You also have to check for duplicate settings in themes, like Infinite Scroll etc. They need to be disabled in either the theme or the cache plugin.

Eager to hear what others think.
So i wanna be careful what i switch on this time.
I'd just back up my site and simply "try it" and see what happens.
Backup and experiment. Enable/Modify one setting at a time, refresh the page, check for problems, repeat. Much simpler and faster. ;)

Or spend ages in message ping pong games waiting for an answer to be handed over on a silver plate. ;)

Last edited:

jacoplee

I didn't know that.

While waiting for a reply from a developer, I'd just back up my site and simply "try it" and see what happens.

;)
Yes, trying is the quickest way to find the problem. I also often solve some problems manually, Google and network can help.

I am pursuing website loading speed but often messing up, take a lot of time, finally having the effect, then all other websites I can optimize. Everything is worth it.

But I still look forward to the optimization guide for official developers, because no one knows more about Alidropship than they do.