Mega Thread: List of improvements

Nor

Gotta say, im really loving the plugin that Yaros and his team have put out, especially the constant updates to keep improving upon the plugin, so i thank you guys for that. With that said, i have compiled a improvement list over the past 2 weeks that i feel some of these features can be implemented into the plugin one day. Most of these improvements focus on the marketing side of things with some cosmetic touch ups here and there. When looking at this list, i feel that #1, #2, #6, #8, #12, #20, #21, and #24 are very beneficial features in the long term.

Let me know what you guys think of the list and if theres anything that you can think of that could improve the plugin, please share your results below.

1- fake limited product scarcity. For example, in your alidropship plugin, you are able to toggle a button that will enable or disable the fake quantity available counter. When the feature is enabled, you can input 2 numbers say from 1-10, and the system will then generate a random number between 1-10 and it will display on the product and this feature would be applied site wide. On the product page it would say something like "There is only xx amount of products left". Amazon uses this approach which i think is a great feature but realistically speaking amazon doesn't use fake numbers to push their products for sale. But simple tricks like those can really boost sales. Hell this feature has even worked on me a few times and continues to work on me.

2- individual countdown timers for products. ex Discounted products from 10-20% get a 5 day countdown, products from 21-50% get a 3 day countdown. Apply the countdown timer to whole websites product pages. You could also apply countdown timers to product pages that are within a certain price range etc from $10-$20 apply countdown timer for lets say 5 days. There can be different methods/scenarios that can be used to integrate countdown timers into product pages. Allowing us to choose the background color and timer text color of the countdown timer can add to the urgency and scarcity effect the customers face when seeing your product on sale. Making this feature highly customizable can increase sales like crazy. Take a look at the pic below, this is a site called teespring. Teespring allows you to sell your tshirt designs on their platform but teespring manufactures the tshirts for you. They used to not have that countdown timer until people were adding it on their own. When that happened peoples campaigns exploded in profit to the point where teespring
implemented the countdown timer personally. Take a look at this pic 2a.PNG

2b.PNG

^ In the above pic, it would probably be best to include countdown timer in either of the areas where i have the red arrows. The reason why i think the timers should to be placed there, is if you read #6 on my list of improvements it would make more sense.

3- plugin integration with SEO Yoast. Would be cool if the products we import can autofill seo yoast missing details. Not sure if such a thing is possible.

4- discount codes can only be used after reaching a certain buy limit. Ex They can only use a 10% or $10 off coupon when they spend $50 or more. aka better coupon customization.

5- 1 general discount code is used by 1000's of people. But limit discount code based on ip address so discount code cannot be abused by loyal customers in future purchases.

6- As person is scrolling down the product page, allow the total price with quantity and add to cart button to follow them down the screen.
6.PNG

7- product upsell and downsell near checkout process

8- Use product page item specifics page to subcategorize items within the main categories. Example of this is aliexpress, ebay, newegg, amazon. have search options in check box form so when the customer has selected all of their options, they scroll to the bottom and click update button to refresh the results to find what they specifically want
and look for. Makes it very simple for the customer instead of spending lots of time going through many product pages to find exactly what they want and look for in an item.

8a.PNG

8b.PNG ebay 8c.PNG

9- implement go to page with box to allow users to manually go to a specific page. Makes it easier for the person to search. Example of this is on aliexpress in the bottom right corner of every category page.

9.PNG

10- highlight the page number since customers would be confused since they cant see what page they are on.

10a.PNG 10b.PNG

12- allow plugin users to extract database via excel sheet so they can mass import info, change it around, delete it easily.

13- fake recent sales notifications (create a box so we can implement 10-100s of store links and the plugin randomly selects a link and pretends that a customer bought the item and shows this notification to those visiting the site. Put in metrics of if a customer stays past 1 min on the site, he/she sees x amount of notification sales
making it really highly customizable. It creates social proof, product discoverability, and trust factor. https://apps.shopify.com/what-other-people-bought
https://apps.shopify.com/fomo

I made a thread of a wordpress plugin that already does this. but the wordpress plugin doesn't hook up with alidropship plugin to create fake notification sales. Either way the thread i made a couple of days ago covers much of everything else that i mentioned in #13.

14-display "customers who bought this also bought" in single product page

15- Another tracker is the global aliexpress tracking. I found it just as accurate as 17track and can track china post products.
Here is the linkhttp://global.cainiao.com/detail.htm?mailNoList=RJ514122745CN&spm=a3708.7860688.0.d01

16-promo code on checkout not displayed along with discount amount.

18- give customer option to display more than 24 products at once on product page. Give them a drop down menu of 24 items, 48 items, 64 items, and 92. Doesn't have to be those numbers but need a bit more flexibility for customer to see as much as they can.

19- sales checkout funnel for website to boost sale orders. This is the same as #7

20- add "x" many options on product category example like aliexpress saying "3 colors available" under the product picture before clicking into the product. Lets the customer know they have many options and they are not only shopping for 1 color of the product. Describing variations like this can make or break sales based on customer preferences and what looks good or not. Although certain items might look good to a customer, the main image representing that product can be a color the customer might not like, and if they don't know there is more than 1 color, that's hurting your profits long term.

20.PNG

21- add # of sales/order under the product before the customer clicks into the product page to give off social proof. So far its showing the reviews, but adding the amount of orders gives off an even better social proof. Problem with this is you used order number as the number of reviews so it would look weird if the order number and review number are the same value as we know not all who buy will leave a review. i could be wrong on that though.

24- Wishlists like ebay. Create account with easy 1 click integration via facebook, chrome and or traditional email and pass. Helps collect more emails for email marketing later. Get up to the day, hour, minute notification when product price drops via alidropship automated price adjustment.

25- use appropriate currency when customer visits site via their ip address. If the ip comes from europe use Euro currency. etc, etc.

26- have a "you saved $x.xx" feature in shopping cart and add to cart making the customer feel like they are getting a good deal so they don't have a buyers remorse and remove any products from cart.

27- cool feature would allow the customer to see their shopping cart in an overlay screen without having to click the shopping cart button to add, update, or remove items from their cart. The overlay pops up when you add an item to the cart but when you click the shopping cart button, it would be better if the overlay could appear again instead of going to a
seperate page, unless they are ready to finally checkout that is.

28- ability to turn off/disable categories and their sub categories

29- would be cool to have rotating slider option on the front page on davinci theme

Nor

didn't have enough space to include 1 more pic. Max says 10 pics but here is #21

21- add # of sales/order under the product before the customer clicks into the product page to give off social proof. So far its showing the reviews, but adding the amount of orders gives off an even better social proof. Problem with this is you used order number as the number of reviews so it would look weird if the order number and review number are the same value as we know not all who buy will leave a review. i could be wrong on that though.

21.PNG