Mass description Plugin?

conor

Hi, I want to copy a products description over 200+ product pages. Is there an easy way to do this, other than doing it manually?

Real Residual

be more specific. If all of them are the same, you can create a shortcode and insert it into the top/bottom of your content.

conor

I want to add a description to every product page saying the same thing. instead of copying and pasting it

Real Residual

Go to your theme's Functions.php
Add the following shortcode at the end and replace the $html variable with whatever you want:

PHP:
function CustomContentFooter($params, $content = null){   
    $html = '<hr /><p style="text-align: center;">Due to OVERWHELMING DEMAND, please allow at least 2-4 weeks for delivery.</p><hr />';
    $html .= 'more cotent';
    $html .= 'even more content';
    return $html;
}
add_shortcode('ccfooter', 'CustomContentFooter');

Then go your theme's single-product.php and search for <?php the_content() ?>, execute short code right below it
PHP:
<div class="content" itemprop="description" itemtype="http://schema.org/Product">
<?php the_content() ?>
<?php echo do_shortcode('[ccfooter]'); ?>
</div>

conor

Go to your theme's Functions.php
Add the following shortcode at the end and replace the $html variable with whatever you want:

PHP:
function CustomContentFooter($params, $content = null){  
    $html = '<hr /><p style="text-align: center;">Due to OVERWHELMING DEMAND, please allow at least 2-4 weeks for delivery.</p><hr />';
    $html .= 'more cotent';
    $html .= 'even more content';
    return $html;
}
add_shortcode('ccfooter', 'CustomContentFooter');

Then go your theme's single-product.php and search for <?php the_content() ?>, execute short code right below it
PHP:
<div class="content" itemprop="description" itemtype="http://schema.org/Product">
<?php the_content() ?>
<?php echo do_shortcode('[ccfooter]'); ?>
</div>

Perfect this is exactly what I wanted This thread is now finished.